Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
24,000 miles.

It's time to offer this up for sale.

I realize I could strip all the accessories off and maybe recoup some cash, but all the packaging and shipping of the stuff would be cost prohibitive, at least for the time being.
For more info, read the ad.
Thanks.

A well cared for and maintained motorcycle.
24,137 miles.
Runs and rides excellent!
Many upgrades, including:
New tires; Metzler 888's put on at end of last season.
New rear brakes.
New battery.
Break Away Cruise control.
Kuryakyn Highway pegs.
Kuryakyn grips.
Ultimate seats, Driver and passenger.
Upgraded final drive for smoother, faster, lower RPM highway cruising.
Back off brake light module.
Volo-lights deceleration license plate frame.
12 Volt cigarette lighter style tap.
Cell phone holder.
Luggage rack.
Two inch lowering bones installed.
Permanent aluminum oil filter.
Newer bags with locks.
Still have original seats and final drive.

This is one nice bike.
It has never left me on the side of the road.

Attachments

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Good luck with the sale Joe

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
If I were in the market I'd buy yours.

Good luck with the sell.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
556 Posts
Somebody will be getting a very nice bike - accessories alone are worth at least two grand easy... Good luck with sale!

·
Registered
19,693 Posts
Accessories are basically freebies when it comes time to sell your bike. They add zero resale value, which is why we old salts continue to caution against the modding bug. The thou$and$ of doubloons you throw into the bike will not be recovered at the time of sale.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
Couldn't work out a trade for that used bubble gum wrapper from the guy on CL, huh?

·
Administrator
16,360 Posts

·
The Village Idiot
5,053 Posts
I'll take it Joe. I'll send my shipper with $5000, you just send him back with the difference, and keep a little for yourself :)

That is a real nice ride at a nice price point. Wish I could take it off your hands for you. Good luck with it.

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
I've got a bike I'll sell you. It belonged to my ex wife and I just want to get rid of it. It's all crated up and ready to ship. You'll just have to give me your PayPal information.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I liked the changes that were made to the 09 and up. Nice that the clock always shows and the gear indicator a nice doo dah! Always tough to sell something the market is not hot for. I had about 10,000 more miles on my 09 C50 and had a hard time to sell it. Yours the mileage is not as high to be a huge drawback. I had a painted to match Memphis shades batwing and the guy wasn't willing to give me the extra $500 I wanted for it. You might have to sell it for less to move it. Best wishes you find a buyer.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I liked the changes that were made to the 09 and up. Nice that the clock always shows and the gear indicator a nice doo dah! Always tough to sell something the market is not hot for. I had about 10,000 more miles on my 09 C50 and had a hard time to sell it. Yours the mileage is not as high to be a huge drawback. I had a painted to match Memphis shades batwing and the guy wasn't willing to give me the extra $500 I wanted for it. You might have to sell it for less to move it. Best wishes you find a buyer.
I was just contacted by a local guy who lost his 06 in a house fire.
He said the insurance company gave him $3500.
I told him that would probably do.
We'll see come monday.:grin2:

Reactions: beezer
1 - 20 of 34 Posts