Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm Joe. I have a 2001 Suzuki Volusia. This is my first bike and I've had it for about a year! I live in Tampa Florida, so if you guys know meet ups or some cool stuff going on, let me know! But I do plan on eventually making this girl into a bobber! but we shall see! thanks and excited to interact with everybody!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Aloha e komo mai! Pull up a chair, there's beer in the fridge.

Reactions: MarkedWebroot

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Welcome :)

Reactions: MarkedWebroot

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats & Welcome! Bike looks great! Are you planning on commuting, touring, just weekend cruising, or gaining some experience before getting a mega-HD/BMW? Regardless, this is a great community. Not that I've posted a billion times, but I've had some good advice from & conversations with a lot of folks on this site over the years. Hope you have the same.

I have a 2003 Silver & White Vol that I bought brand new 18 years ago this month. Given me great service (though I'll freely concede I haven't ridden it to death; it's still got only 27,300 miles on it & that includes one trip across the country; hoping to change that over the next few years as it's back it riding condition again.) Even when I've left it alone for a couple of years at a time, all I've done to get it running again is replaced the battery & it's always fired right up.

I live in Sahuarita, Arizona (just SW of Tucson) now, but grew up in Tampa. Lived in the north side very close to Busch Gardens. Went to Hillsborough HS & then USF. Parents still live in the same house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats & Welcome! Bike looks great! Are you planning on commuting, touring, just weekend cruising, or gaining some experience before getting a mega-HD/BMW? Regardless, this is a great community. Not that I've posted a billion times, but I've had some good advice from & conversations with a lot of folks on this site over the years. Hope you have the same.

I have a 2003 Silver & White Vol that I bought brand new 18 years ago this month. Given me great service (though I'll freely concede I haven't ridden it to death; it's still got only 27,300 miles on it & that includes one trip across the country; hoping to change that over the next few years as it's back it riding condition again.) Even when I've left it alone for a couple of years at a time, all I've done to get it running again is replaced the battery & it's always fired right up.

I live in Sahuarita, Arizona (just SW of Tucson) now, but grew up in Tampa. Lived in the north side very close to Busch Gardens. Went to Hillsborough HS & then USF. Parents still live in the same house.
Awesome! i plan on just weekend stuff for now, i would like to some cross country stuff sometime in the future, I've been digging the camping vlogs on YouTube. But more specifically, i lived in Riverview till I joined the army! and very nice! mine is a 2001 800! i got it around 19-20K but I've really only had to replace the battery when i first got it, but that's no biggie! Nut i look forward to meeting and talking to people on here! I usually don't have a lot to say sadly... but nice to meet you!

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Welcome from the Battlefields of Gettysburg, Pa.
Ride safe, Best, D.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! I'm Joe. I have a 2001 Suzuki Volusia. This is my first bike and I've had it for about a year! I live in Tampa Florida, so if you guys know meet ups or some cool stuff going on, let me know! But I do plan on eventually making this girl into a bobber! but we shall see! thanks and excited to interact with everybody!
Congrats. I've just got the same bike and same year as yours, waiting for it to touch base. I'll try to post pictures when it arrives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts