Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reckless drivring law is headed for the govener's desk.
The biill has been modified from it original form. The bill now says stunt riding and going 50mph over the speed limit is a $1000 fine (was 250) for 1st offence.

Second offence is a fine of $2500 fine and loss of driver licence for 1 year.

3rd offence is loss of drivers licence for 10 years and $5000 fine

licence plate is to be horizontal and not able to be flipped up.

both feet have to be on the bike.

effective 1 october 2008
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=37703&

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Now I wonder just what type of bike rider THAT bill is targeted towards 8)

the only time i don't have both feet on the bike, is when i'm stretching

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting in October the plate lay down mod will be illegal for floridians.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Watched the report on the news last night and it is easy to guess what kind of motorcycles were shown in the footage doing stunts and speeding. No hints for this one. It was amusing to hear some of the riders complaining that its "unfair".

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Boxwrench said:
Sounds like it applies more to vertically mounted plates as opposed to the laydown mod. It's still horizontal. Just at an angle.

Ya think?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Good, it is about time that something is being done to control this out of
control segement of our "riding family".

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Seems reasonable to me. 50 over is really quite a bit over!!! Does this mean they removed the part about confiscating the bike?

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
wehrd1 said:

I must be the target.
I have a vertical plate.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
We have a neighbor down the street from us who is guilty of some of this behavior. Flys down the street in front of our house all the time. What P.O.s me most is, he's a police officer. Knows he can get away with it and the local government won't call him on it. :x
Have nothing against peace officers. I support several organizations, just the ones whose attitude is, "I can do this and get away with it."

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ssi6 said:
Boxwrench said:
Sounds like it applies more to vertically mounted plates as opposed to the laydown mod. It's still horizontal. Just at an angle.

Ya think?
You can wait till October and bet on it and see if your lucky. I doubt it tho.
Horizontal= Straight up and down.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Smokey said:
We have a neighbor down the street from us who is guilty of some of this behavior. Flys down the street in front of our house all the time. What P.O.s me most is, he's a police officer. Knows he can get away with it and the local government won't call him on it. :x
Have nothing against peace officers. I support several organizations, just the ones whose attitude is, "I can do this and get away with it."
Leo or not , he is subject to the same laws. So rattable. Should be taken down a notch.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have a guy pass me nearly every morning on a Kaw Concours at about
100+ mph rain or shine. I am expecting to see his body splattered all over
I-95. These are the type that give us all a bad name.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
CzarOfKatmandu said:
wehrd1 said:

I must be the target.
I have a vertical plate.
:lol:

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Boxwrench said:
ssi6 said:
Boxwrench said:

Ya think?
horizontal = rectangular side to side being the widest width. Our laydown mod is still horizontal. AND its stationary...NOT able to flip up as in UNDER the seat out of sight should the LEOs be chasing ur azz.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wehrd1 said:
Boxwrench said:
ssi6 said:
Boxwrench said:

Ya think?
horizontal = rectangular side to side being the widest width. Our laydown mod is still horizontal. AND its stationary...NOT able to flip up as in UNDER the seat out of sight should the LEOs be chasing ur azz.
I personally doubt it. Am thinking in a beauracrat mind set. Well, will see after October.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Smokey said:
What I would do is get video of the offense, make an appointment to show it to the chief or sheriff or whomever the "top dog" is. After he/she sees it, make an inference that your next stop is the local media if this guy doesn't knock it off. It will stop. And if there's any retributions by him you'll still have the video. I'd be willing to bet one good Alpha Charlie by the chief is all it would take.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Boxwrench said:
The reckless drivring law is headed for the govener's desk.
The biill has been modified from it original form. The bill now says stunt riding and going 50mph over the speed limit is a $1000 fine (was 250) for 1st offence.

Second offence is a fine of $2500 fine and loss of driver licence for 1 year.

3rd offence is loss of drivers licence for 10 years and $5000 fine

licence plate is to be horizontal and not able to be flipped up.

both feet have to be on the bike.

effective 1 october 2008
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=37703&
both feet on the bike... does that apply when you come to a stop too? :lol:

GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations and Criminal Justice and Transportation and Garcia
Operation of Motor Vehicles [EPCC]:
Requires an operator of a motorcycle or moped to maintain both wheels on the ground at all times. Requires that the license tag of a motorcycle or moped be affixed horizontally. Provides for revocation of the person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle.
Provides that a person who is convicted of a moving violation that causes or contributes to causing serious injury to or the death of a person riding a motorcycle commits a misdemeanor offense, etc.
:shock: "anyone that causes or contributes to m/c riders serious injury or death ... commits a MISDEMEANOR" ??!! :evil: :wtf:

·
Registered
129 Posts
My fear is that if the penalties get harsher for the stunters then they are just going to run from the cops when they get spotted. I know alot of people who do this already but it will make it much more likely. The nut jobs who run are the ones that really scare me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts