Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I have searched extensively so think I have somewhat of an understanding, however I would prefer to confirm and ask some questions I haven't seen previously addressed. My understanding is that the C50(t) floorboards from 2005+ will mount on my 2003 VL800, however to do so I would need the floorboards, the mounting brackets, as well as the shift and brake linkages for this to work properly.

I'm aware of another option, which is the 'HD Shaker' floorboard conversion. My understanding is that this is done by cutting off the outer portion of the stock footpegs, drilling through a set of Harley floorboards, and bolting them together. Would this be akin to the peg adapter floorboards that you see around the internet these days (where they have a slotted end to fit into the peg mount)? Will these fit with any form of engine/crash guards?

An angle I haven't seen discussed previously, is whether similar parts designed for the VL1400 or VL1500 (for any product year) will fit the VL800, or if any parts from those bikes are interchangeable with the VL800 in general.

Currently, I have aftermarket forward controls which I think may be further forward than stock, and are a bit far for me (however I still need to adjust the shifter and brake pedals, which may make them manageable, especially once I convert back to stock seat and from the drag bar to apes).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon Further inspection, these appear to be the same forward controls, which explains why they are hard to reach (apparently they move everything forward 3 inches, which makes since, since the guy I bought the bike from was probably 6'4, and I'm 5'11 on a good day)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Upon Further inspection, these appear to be the same forward controls, which explains why they are hard to reach (apparently they move everything forward 3 inches, which makes since, since the guy I bought the bike from was probably 6'4, and I'm 5'11 on a good day)

I replaced my pegs on a 2004 with foot boards from a 2006 no problem bolted right up check ebay for parts

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
The VL 1400-1500 is a totally different machine with no interchangeable parts (that I've ever heard of)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced my pegs on a 2004 with foot boards from a 2006 no problem bolted right up check ebay for parts
All the older posts I've seen here said the mounts were different (however the hole pattern is the same), and that the linkage for brake and shifter is needed because they don't line up otherwise. Did you have to change those parts as well?

·
Registered
632 Posts
All the older posts I've seen here said the mounts were different (however the hole pattern is the same), and that the linkage for brake and shifter is needed because they don't line up otherwise. Did you have to change those parts as well?
no I just flipped the linkage around and it lined up pefectly I was worried if it would work but with a little thought process it came out fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no I just flipped the linkage around and it lined up pefectly I was worried if it would work but with a little thought process it came out fine
That's awesome. I will have to keep an eye out on ebay. Did you change to a heel/toe shifter or find a way to make it work with the stock toe shifter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just located and ordered a set that had floorboards, mounts, and shifter/brake linkage attached. hopefully it bolts right up :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
I bought floor boards ,heel toe shifter and rear break pedal off of ebay you might have to buy a piece here & there but you might find some one selling the entire package good luck, I dont think I could ride without the heel toe shifter anymore

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what I got:

From the looks of it, the shifter might be a little bent, however it appears everything is there. (compared it to the assemblies on the parts diagram)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts