Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my exhaust doesn't sound as deep as before :cry:

Had the valves adjusted at the dealer, about 1800 miles in the bike. 6 of the 8 valves were "a little tight but not bad". I can now hear a little more valve noise but my exhaust seems a lot quieter. Anyone else experience this after an adjustment?

I realize that the exhuast valves my not be opening as far but did not think that a few thousandths would make that much diference. My buddy has the same bike with 2800 miles and no valve service and his sounds like mine did before the adjustment. It's too bad because I really was happy with the sound but now I may have to do some modifications.

Or is it all in my head :roll:

·
Administrator
53,858 Posts
When the valve adjustment is performed, the engine/cam timing is also affected, which may change the exhaust notes slightly. :wink:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Rick51 said:
Now my exhaust doesn't sound as deep as before :cry:

Had the valves adjusted at the dealer, about 1800 miles in the bike. 6 of the 8 valves were "a little tight but not bad". I can now hear a little more valve noise but my exhaust seems a lot quieter. Anyone else experience this after an adjustment?

I realize that the exhuast valves my not be opening as far but did not think that a few thousandths would make that much diference. My buddy has the same bike with 2800 miles and no valve service and his sounds like mine did before the adjustment. It's too bad because I really was happy with the sound but now I may have to do some modifications.

Or is it all in my head :roll:
Check to make sure also,that your dealer didn't screw the tops of your bolts all up by using the wrong wrenches etc....That happened to me on my bike until we did it right with Psyco Dave.... :cry:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I've been doing some searches on modifiying the stock pipes and have decided not to do it. Hopefully I will get back the sound I liked back after the pipes get some more miles on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts