Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you modified your bike the first time. What was your very first mod and why did you do that one?

My first mod was really exciting, replacing the push button switch to a smaller toggle switch for the LEDs already on the bike. Done because the push button switch wasn't working. Also, had to replace the horn relay. Those were really glamorous changes but a mod nonetheless.

No wait, I am wrong. I added a battery tender line to the battery and ran the line to a place for quick and easy use in the winter. Guess that was my official first mod... LOL how could I forget so soon.

Fortunately for me, the previous owner had made a lot additions to the bike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rode my bike bone stock for 3 months to get a feel for it, make up a list, save some money and then: New handlebars, Tachometer, battery gauge, Kuryakyn hypercharger, Dobeck Gen 2 EFI controller, 12 volt power outlets

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
As I didn't like the color of the Touring model, when I brought the bike home the bags, sissy bar and windshield were stilled boxed. First thing I did was install them and fours days later a Cobra highway bar was added.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Kickstand Mod! I found the VR site and saw a thread by "Mistress K". I thought if a "girl" like that can do a mod, so can I.

Been hooked ever since.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mines sitting at a dealership and won't get picked up for another month or 2 (just waiting for Spring to get here!) and I've already ordered engine guards, highway pegs, power outlet, ISO grips and a throttle boss!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My first mod was to replace the plastic bolts and wingnuts the dealer used to fasten the license plate. I polished 2 -1/4" stainless steel carriage bolts and nylock nuts. They look like chrome buttons holding my plate on.

·
Registered
575 Posts
First year they came out there was no aftermarket parts for them so I made some lowering dog bones As per johns lowering measurements. Then reversed the mirrors for a lower profile.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts