Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,218 Posts
Luckily I've been able to get out quite a few times so far. You have to get out whenever the chance comes up. Other crap like honey-dews can wait. JM2C

·
Super Moderator
25,274 Posts
One advantage to living in GA, there is no "riding season".

Glad to hear that you're getting out.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
glad to see you're out...did sherri go with you...took advantage myself to sneak in 2 hours worth in mid 60 degree temps...not many bikes out...surprised too...rain again next few days but on the whole its been a friendly winter into spring with lots of riding opportunities here in Ct that I didn't take advantage of...was good to be cruising the back roads listening to the ballads of Harry Chapin.

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
Mike and I got in our first ride of 2020, too! Just a 65-mile loop on local roads. Temps were only in the mid-50s, but this spring, we gotta take what we can get.

We packed sandwiches and drinks, and stopped at a pull-off to have them for lunch.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dennis....Sherri did not. Her bike isn't registered yet. Next week she says it will be. She has been a gardening fool these past couple of weeks.
Scorpion 46....you are very true. Sunday evening and Mon. We are expecting 5-7 in. of Snow!! Not at all happy about that.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
keep the snow up there will ya...woke up to some of that stuff the other day...couldn't believe it...figured it was a nightmare...had to go out and a few towns over...nothing...story of my life.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have been out now and again with the bike and Paula. We have done short trips around the neighborhood and then through other towns. I was thinking about going to Iggy's in Point Judith RI and get a couple of clam cakes and some thin chowder, but I was going crazy around the yard and did not finish the yard work until 3 PM. So I took a trip to a local BBQ about 20 miles away from the house and went for a ride to buy everyone dinner who helped around the yard.

Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
iggys...due for another lunch meet there....when things get normal again...we'll set it up...gotta get some doughboys.
Normal, what is this normal you are talking about?

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
remember when we used to be able to....going to be hearing that pretty soon...will replace the saying...back in the old days...as for what is normal...think that will be considered differently too...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sunny and 75 here in KY today. Made a nice hundred mile loop and had a social distancing visit with an old friend. First good run with the new seat and I'm very very happy with it. Now its gonna rain for a week. Glad I took a ride instead of cutting the grass. Lol

·
Registered
939 Posts
Great to hear you got out Bob. We haven't even been up to NH this spring. I usually take the kids up over April School vacation to open up my parent's house and jump in the lake!

Bob, I picked up a set of those cast aluminum wheels for the C50 that I've coveted ever since I saw them on your bikes. They are pretty sweet looking and a nice upgrade from the steel spokes. Also replaced the bearings & seals on both wheels while I was having them changed over.

I took a nice ride to Hatfield, MA on Easter Sunday. Rode by Bubs BBQ in Sunderland. They were still closed :cry: but I hope we can do a meet up there this season. Dennis, where is Iggy's?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
our first long ride on the bike! View attachment 145165
Great to hear you got out Bob. We haven't even been up to NH this spring. I usually take the kids up over April School vacation to open up my parent's house and jump in the lake!

Bob, I picked up a set of those cast aluminum wheels for the C50 that I've coveted ever since I saw them on your bikes. They are pretty sweet looking and a nice upgrade from the steel spokes. Also replaced the bearings & seals on both wheels while I was having them changed over.

I took a nice ride to Hatfield, MA on Easter Sunday. Rode by Bubs BBQ in Sunderland. They were still closed :cry: but I hope we can do a meet up there this season. Dennis, where is Iggy's?

Mr. Johnny, happy for you that you were able to grab a set of those wheels. Are you enjoying them and happy with them? Sherri and I are very pleased with them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts