Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have signed up for a poker run sponsored by a customer of mine. It isn't a run that you have to pay for your hand or that has an entry fee. All costs are covered by the company. We have a start time of 7 a.m. and a finish time of 1 p.m. I have no clue what the stops are or any details of the route. I am very excited (just wish I had a GPS) and was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Let the crowd leave before you, and just have fun. It isn't a race, speed has nothing to do with the hand you get.

I'd just let some of the idiots get some space from ya, and have fun. Ride with some folks you know, if there are any buds doing the ride.

Poker runs have a rep for drawing in some drunks, at times. Seems there is often a pub or two along the route!

Wow, imagine that! :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
^ ^ ^
Yep, what Bowtie said.

Usually, the Poker Run will have a "group leave" time. Just check with the "majority" and leave with the group (since you don't know the route).

If you don't know anyone, just hangout for a little bit (around the start/registration area) and meet new folks. Let them know you've never done this Poker Run, ask them if they've ever done the run, then ask them if you can ride along since you don't know the route. 99% of the time you'll make new friends.

Most of all enjoy yourself and take your time. :D

Ken

·
Registered
336 Posts
Most poker runs will give out either a list or a map of stops along with your hand sheet, some do both. And I agree with the other posts hang out have fun talk to new people then wait for the big group to leave, hopefully by this time you have found someone to ride the route with you...It is not a race so you might even know an alternate route to take in case of a traffic jam or construction. Have fun

·
Banned
4,413 Posts
I have found that poker runs are different in different areas of the country. In Maryland, we were given a map and set loose to go hit our card spots.

Here in NC, the poker run rides as a group with stops for cards - if that is the case - hang back & ride your own ride.

oh yeah - and have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts