Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to do my first oil change on my 2005 c50. I'm just looking for a warm, fuzzy as I don't want to jack up my bike.

I plan on using Rotella T 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil. It says on the back it meets the requirements of JASO MA.

Is this an appropriate oil to use?

Thanks!

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
I'm getting ready to do my first oil change on my 2005 c50. I'm just looking for a warm, fuzzy as I don't want to jack up my bike.

I plan on using Rotella T 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil. It says on the back it meets the requirements of JASO MA.

Is this an appropriate oil to use?

Thanks!

Jim
VERY appropriate!!!

Welcome to the VR forum.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Reactions: Whiskey

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
If an Oil is rated JASO-MA, it is a motorcycle oil.

·
Registered
466 Posts
03Vol, thanks but it only tells me what you do, not the Why? Just curious why you would choose an oil designed primarily for diesels in an 4 cycle engine. I understand that it will work given the rating, but why will it work and will it work better than an oil designed primarily for bikes?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
A diesel is not a 4 cycle? I thought there were both, 2 cycle and 4 cycle. And when you say an oil designed primarily for our bikes, what oil? I have never seen a VL800 engine oil? Just because someone puts a picture of a motorcycle on the side of an oil jug makes it designed for a motorcycle? I doubt it. Most engine oils are made from only 3 or 4 major manufacturers. I am not here to get in to an oil debate with you. But I have never seen a motorcycle with a million miles on it, but I have seen a plenty of line haul Diesel trucks with that many miles that were using Rotella. And that is good enough for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.