Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,784 Posts
The map is used as a quick reference for your general location. The Postal Codes in the States seem to put the pin in the center of the code entered. The Canadian Codes seem to be more specific and closer to home. I can't see the reason for pin labels to say Volusia Riders, all it does is clutter up the map. I find this just as frustrating as the members who don't put their location under their forum handle.

Since the purpose of the map is to find people that might be local to you, and not for stealing your Bike a name on the pin would be nice. If you're concerned the pin would be to close to home just put the Postal Code in for the closest Police Station or Post Office.
I almost put Volusia Riders on mine, so I can tell you that this is accidental. The form to add yourself said "Forum Name", so people put the name of the forum they were from. I typed it and them realized what I did, so I changed it. I guess there needs to be a way to edit the pins! :banghead:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
858 Posts
I almost put Volusia Riders on mine, so I can tell you that this is accidental. The form to add yourself said "Forum Name", so people put the name of the forum they were from. I typed it and them realized what I did, so I changed it. I guess there needs to be a way to edit the pins! :banghead:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The registration form now asks for your Username/Handle. :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Since my Postal Code (zip) is a nice sized area, the pin was placed about 2 miles from my home. The best part.............. it was placed at the Police Station. :biglaugh:
wow - that's so different from mine. My pin takes you right smack dab into my house! Gotta love our Canadian postal codes --- well, the rural routes are more 'wide open' while mine in the city is dead on!

Lois

·
Registered
798 Posts
So I take it no one knows how to edit the map to remove or move pins? If not perhaps a disclaimer should be also added to the first post so people are aware of it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The map is used as a quick reference for your general location. The Postal Codes in the States seem to put the pin in the center of the code entered. The Canadian Codes seem to be more specific and closer to home. I can't see the reason for pin labels to say Volusia Riders, all it does is clutter up the map. I find this just as frustrating as the members who don't put their location under their forum handle.

Since the purpose of the map is to find people that might be local to you, and not for stealing your Bike a name on the pin would be nice. If you're concerned the pin would be to close to home just put the Postal Code in for the closest Police Station or Post Office.
Or just leave the field blank.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
A few things:

• The form now requests for your Handle/Username instead of Forum Name.
  • At this time there isn't an easy way for YOU to remove or edit a Pin. I edited the original post in this thread and made note that you can PM me with any changes and I can do it in the meantime while I figure out a way to make this work for you to edit your own.
  • I will go through and clear out any "Volusia Riders" handles from the map. If you entered one like this, please re-pin with your real forum username/handle :)

·
Super Moderator
23,784 Posts
Ok, that's just wierd. I click on the link on my phone and I get the map and can look at the information and play with it and everything, but when I hit it from my desktop I get "This map has been deleted."

:wtf:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was it deleted due to the service thinking there was too much "PII" Personally Identifying Information on the site, and deleted it as a liability?

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I added my pin on Wed afternoon....<sniffle> never got a chance to see my little tiny digital representation in the SW corner of TN, shining like a little beacon of the Mid-South....

·
Premium Member
6,393 Posts
"Map Deleted" ...............Hope that's just a glitch in the system, and nothing that can't be corrected. I thought this was a great idea! I wish I'd have thought about doing this.
Hopefully it will be back again ............ soon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Sorry everyone! I had to make some changes to the Form data that feeds the Map and when this is done, the old one had to be removed. The new link is: MapAList - Volusia Riders Map v2.0 and I have updated the original post in this thread to reflect that.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Waaaaaaaayyyyy oveddue - MANY THANKS!!!!
Maybe in the next version we can have the ability to link to the member's public profile or send a private message?

61 - 80 of 197 Posts