Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
There are a lot of pins on there today...several in Canada, 1 in France, and 1 in Australia...so it does work outside the US

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I find this very cool!..... LET'S STICKY THIS! OOPS Never mind it is./..LOL

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
^^ M50Dave ..............Boy, you're way up there above the "tree line"! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Maybe I should have "pinned" to my "real" address/postal code. (The postal code I did use pinned it right to the address!) Then again, maybe I don't want everyone to know "exactly" where I live. :shades: Close is good enough.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Umm, just a thot here, but is this safe? I can see my pin (and I see I didn't put my name - chuckle), but like, ANYONE can get into this forum site, check out the map and know where there are bikes for (perhaps) easy taking???

Should we be concerned / worried?

Lois

·
Super Moderator
23,742 Posts
Umm, just a thot here, but is this safe? I can see my pin (and I see I didn't put my name - chuckle), but like, ANYONE can get into this forum site, check out the map and know where there are bikes for (perhaps) easy taking???

Lois
It's just your postal code, not your address. Anyone that was looking for bikes to steal could get more information than that from public records. I'd say that you're pretty safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
It's just your postal code, not your address. Anyone that was looking for bikes to steal could get more information than that from public records. I'd say that you're pretty safe!

Whiskey .........our postal codes in Canada are pretty specific, down to one side of a street, in a particular block. In some cases you may have your own specific postal code! (The PC I used is actually one that is specific to an address, because it is the only house in the block on the one side of the street. Hence, Canada Post gave that house it's own PC!)

I'm not too concerned about theft of a bike, afterall, it's always locked in the garage. I'd be more concerned if "you" found me! LOL! :biglaugh:

This is pretty safe, and IMHO a great way to see who your "neighbors" are, who are on this Forum, and maybe set up some "Ride Days"!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
LOTS around my place know I have 4 bikes here... They aint been stolen YET...lol.. Then again I think they know PERHAPS they will lose several very valuable BODY PARTS if they try!

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
So if someone moves how do they remove the old pin?
You have to leave your bike at that address with the new person, tell them they are now members on this forum, and then buy yourself a new bike! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
763 Posts
You have to leave your bike at that address with the new person, tell them they are now members on this forum, and then buy yourself a new bike! :biglaugh:
Ah ha! I knew it! This is a cult!! Chuckle

Great recruitment tactics... And a great way to 'need' a new bike!

·
Super Moderator
23,742 Posts
Whiskey .........our postal codes in Canada are pretty specific, down to one side of a street, in a particular block. In some cases you may have your own specific postal code! (The PC I used is actually one that is specific to an address, because it is the only house in the block on the one side of the street. Hence, Canada Post gave that house it's own PC!)

I'm not too concerned about theft of a bike, afterall, it's always locked in the garage. I'd be more concerned if "you" found me! LOL! :biglaugh:

This is pretty safe, and IMHO a great way to see who your "neighbors" are, who are on this Forum, and maybe set up some "Ride Days"!
Sweet! That means the party's at your house! :screwy:

·
Registered
858 Posts

Lois
Since my Postal Code (zip) is a nice sized area, the pin was placed about 2 miles from my home. The best part.............. it was placed at the Police Station. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
858 Posts
The map is used as a quick reference for your general location. The Postal Codes in the States seem to put the pin in the center of the code entered. The Canadian Codes seem to be more specific and closer to home. I can't see the reason for pin labels to say Volusia Riders, all it does is clutter up the map. I find this just as frustrating as the members who don't put their location under their forum handle.

Since the purpose of the map is to find people that might be local to you, and not for stealing your Bike a name on the pin would be nice. If you're concerned the pin would be to close to home just put the Postal Code in for the closest Police Station or Post Office.

41 - 60 of 197 Posts