Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 of the 21 days, we have had rain.
Finally, today, we got the bikes out. Did their oil changes.
Checked them out and took care of the tire pressures.
Still very overcast.....looks like it could rain any minute.....lol.
But we are ready to ride!

·
Super Moderator
20,825 Posts
glad to read it appears the white stuff is gone and only the other wet stuff now has to be dealt with...thought the understanding with the weather gods is April/rain...may/sun...seems everyones running late these days...ride safe when you get out there.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dennis. I got out for a short ride this afternoon.
Sherri wasn't quite ready to ride.....she was just a bit too tired.
You know the bikes went into hibernation up here on Oct. 27 and now came out today, May 5.
That is over 6 months. Although most riding skills are instinctively done by now......there are still a few things
that I need to remind myself about at the beginning of the season,especially with over 6 months of not being
on a bike.
But it sure felt good to feel that openness and the wind in the face again!

·
Super Moderator
20,825 Posts
always a good feeling that first ride of the season...hopefully fall riding weather will extend given the spring wasn't so friendly.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim....no thanks.
Didn't want to perform oil changes in the rain and I try not to ride in the rain.
Everyone is different. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have all the gear I need to ride in the rain, and in cold conditions, too.
Still, I avoid riding in the rain more than I used to.

Maybe last fall had something to do with it. It rained so often that I just got sick and tired of it. It wore on me.

On long multi-day trips it's almost a sure thing that I'll be rained on at some time or another. I've spent weekends camping and riding where it never let up.

But for daily commuting and local fun riding, I've become a big fan of waiting for dryer, warmer riding days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I been sad lately, we have had rain every day for the past week or so.. suppose to be nice on Saturday, we shall see! We went from 80 degrees to barely in the 50's with rain for the last like 8 days.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Jim....no thanks.
Didn't want to perform oil changes in the rain and I try not to ride in the rain.
Everyone is different. You do your thing and I'll do mine.
No worries mate! I travel too much and try to get in all of the days I can when I can; so, that means cold weather and rain and really hot weather too. Motorcycles will race in the rain and many places offering lessons and high speed practice in rain or shine. Of course, everyone should operate within their own personal comfort zone and I am glad you operate in yours. Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down, unless doing a backflip/frontflip on purpose; in that case, I hope you stick the landing. :biglaugh::wayhappy::biglaugh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know the feeling, live in Maine, almost June and still only had the bike out a couple times, still staying in the 40’s and lower at night, what a horrible spring!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts