Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Ive had an 2002 volusia intruder for a couple years now. I use it mainly for transportation, though i would like to have time to take it on a long cruise one of these days. Its really nice to not have to struggle to find parking on campus. Plus the weather down here in south Texas is pretty decent year round for riding.

I also had a GSXR about 12 years (and 40 lbs) ago. And I am mildly considering moving up to an M109. I guess I am a suzuki fan. I wouldnt mind finding a way to give my intruder a different look though. it still rides great.

Anyways, i have googled things from time to time about how to do minor repairs to my ride, and always end up at this site. i figured it was time to join. I have always found really helpful advice. So nice to meet you all :)

Tony Hdz

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from Fort Rucker, Al! I have an 01 Volusia and I feel no need to get a bigger bike. I would like a bigger bike, but want and need are two different things and I don't figure I need a bigger bike when You can just swap out the final drive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Michigan. Thanks for rubbing it in about the weather, (being able to ride year round). I'm a newbe to this site too but I don't think that kind of attitude is gonna fly around here!
(Just a little Detroit humor)......
Welcome and enjoy. These guys are great.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Welcome from, oh wait, you can read that under my name. I grew up around Houston. Nice riding now. In the summer, walking to your bike you will almost sweat through your clothes. I know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome. guitarjim, you are right on about the heat and humidity down here. im still trying to figure out how to install AC on my bike....lol

Does anyone know the compatibility between a 06ish M109 rear fender and an 02 intruder VL800? I really like the look of the 109 but i wouldn't even begin to know what to do with so much engine. It's really just a cosmetic change im lookin for. The 109 has a very clean looking light and plate arrangement whereas mine looks like a giant christmas ornament. Ive never tried any mods at all, so if the rear end from the 109 could just bolt onto my bike, that would be grrrrrreat.

any tips would be appreciated. thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
Does anyone know the compatibility between a 06ish M109 rear fender and an 02 intruder VL800? I really like the look of the 109 but i wouldn't even begin to know what to do with so much engine. It's really just a cosmetic change im lookin for. The 109 has a very clean looking light and plate arrangement whereas mine looks like a giant christmas ornament. Ive never tried any mods at all, so if the rear end from the 109 could just bolt onto my bike, that would be grrrrrreat.

any tips would be appreciated. thanks
I would post this question in the Custom Mods subforum. You'll probably get more feedback there. This subforum is mostly for friendly greetings.

Speaking of which ... Welcome to the forum, from upstate New York!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts