Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got some good weekend weather and starting last Thursday through Saturday I put about 500 miles on my C50T taking in the scenic backroads of North Georgia. It was a long time coming and I love my new Mustang touring seat. The only time I puckered was when the car in front of me slowed and then stopped in the travel lane at a yard sale and as I was coming to a nice controlled stop I checked my rear view mirror and the guy behind me in a pick up truck had it locked down and was starting to fishtail and slide sideways as he was not ready for the stop. I had an escape route planned over on the grass shoulder but luckily did not need to take it since he was a good ways behind me and was able to stop. Reminder to always check your mirrors when stopping and have an escape route planned. After that little incident I was glad once again I had all my gear on including my Shoei full face helmet,high viz jacket and Kevlar riding pants. ATGATT for me. My mesh jacket was very cool and the air flow was good when I removed the liner in the warm afternoon air.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Weather has been sweet down here. 32F forecast for sunrise. Pollen is thicker than flies on a mules ice.
PSSST, don't tell the folks above the Mason Dixon line. :)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Likewise in Washington State. Cool in the morning, occasional snow in the pass kept us on this side of the Cascades, but the lowland roads were dry and wonderful. Explored South on Saturday and North just shy of the Oso landslide in Sunday. Actually, we turned back just before Arlington and there was enough confusion and search and rescue teams being held in Arlington waiting for the mudslide to stabilize enough to allow searchers and dogs on scene. Ride was awesome. Back door roads empty of traffic and the sun felt sooooo...good. Barbecue Basket in Granite Falls, great ribs for lunch. It is a *****.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts