Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong spot, I just am in a bit of a pickle and this is my first post. So last week I had apes put on my 09 C50T, and new cables were ran. The night I picked it up it the FI light started popping on. It now will come one when I start to decelerate without using my brakes, just letting off the throttle. Once it comes on the idle seems to get real low, and the bike dies soon there after. It all resets and restarts just fine once I turn it off and back on. Any idea what it could potentially be? I have it at a bike shop now but I'm trying to get an idea of what to maybe look for.

·
Super Moderator
23,931 Posts
welcome to the family here...hang in there and someone usually comes along with some helpful advice...hope things work out, ride safe and fee free to ask any questions.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I would think it's a pinched wire or lost connection, but hang out a bit and someone might have a more specific idea.

While you're waiting, the coffee pot's getting low in the lounge and the new guy is responsible for it. 😉

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. And don't feed the monkey. He throws his....never mind. :p

·
Registered
20,696 Posts
C40 indicates an issue with the ISC Valve (idle speed control valve).

Could be one of the following.

1-If the ECM coupler is disconnected within 5 seconds after ignition switch is turned to OFF, there is a possibility of an unusual value being written in the ECM and causing an error of ISC valve operation.

2-ISC valve circuit open or shorted to ground.

3-Idle speed is lower than the desired idle
speed.

4-Air passage clogged.

5-ISC valve is fixed.

6-ISC valve preset position is incorrect.

7-Idle speed is higher than the desired idle
speed.

8-Disconnected ISC valve

Reactions: NateDog 62
1 - 6 of 6 Posts