the roar of the crowd is deafening!!!

:applause::scream::applause::scream:
:applause::scream::applause::scream:

:scream::applause::scream::applause:
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been troubleshooting a flashing fi light on my M Project for a couple weeks. Trying anything to avoid taking it to the dealer. (talked to him and he basicaly didn't know any more about the fi system than me). I have a good shop manual. I scored the little switch that sends codes to the lcd (can use a paper clip) on swap meet here. Code showed C29, secondary throttle position sensor. Bought a multi meter and taught myself how to use it (just taking volt and resistance readings). Trouble shot it down to either adjust or replace the sensor. BTW the sensor is the top one on the black plastic module mounted on the right side of the throttle body. That module is the secondary throttle position actuator and the sensor is mounted to that. It reads the position of the secondary butterflies (which is kinda like the choke) and sends that signal to the ecm. Anyway, I adjusted that damn sensor every concievable position and it would not ohm correctly. I had scored a STPA and sensor for a 2001 GSXR off e-bay (rolled the dice and figured what the heck). This afternoon I installed that sensor (it looked identicle to ours) and right away the kohms were with in limits. Spent some time getting it dialed in exact and then put everything (intake snorkle, couple of other sensors, tank and speedo). Buttoned 'er all up, crossed my fingers and fired 'er up.....................
THE S.O.B. WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No flashing fi light, no codes and sounds oooooooooohhhhhhhhh so nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it weren't for the six inches of snow we got on the ground this afternoon, I'd a ripped that sucker down the street. Well now it's time for some shop clean up and finish up the "nutt'n and bolt'n. I really really want to thank member C50T2006 for all the help. He really walked me through the trouble shooting process and kept me going. His experience with the fi system really helped me out. Thanks man, I owe ya. So glad that monkey is off my back. :lol:

Could you possibly post a picture of which sensor on unit. Struggling with 600 that's stvs is bottom not top.

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
Could you possibly post a picture of which sensor on unit. Struggling with 600 that's stvs is bottom not top.
Welcome, new member.

Unfortunately, the fellow who posted this information in 2013 has not been active on the forum in years.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
I didn't realize he'd been gone that long. I guess time's fun when you're having flies... or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the site.!!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts