Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, so much for the plan.... Went to the Triumph dealer to ride the Scrambler, my new bike, today. What the heck was I thinking. Hey, I like all the triumphs... Bit I was completely underwhelmed. Then I went for a 300 mile ride on the GS. Still the best bike I've ever thrown a leg over. I'm not getting rid of this monster, no matter how monstrous it is. Nuff said.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: pbryon

·
Registered
70 Posts
So guessing the Scrambler will be distant memory from now on but I must ask this question if you never owned the GS would the Scrambler found a home with you.

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So guessing the Scrambler will be distant memory from now on but I must ask this question if you never owned the GS would the Scrambler found a home with you.

I really like the bike, it is unbelievably charming and a lot more fun to ride than other bikes whose main draw is their styling cues. I way prefer it more than a "American Style" cruiser But no, it would not have a place in the garage. Its the only one of the new classics tall enough for me and the narrow feel and the warmth from the exhaust pipes by my knees were downers. The bike would be unbelievably fun to ride around town or on a country road on the right day, but there just isnt room in my garage for a bike with that profile. I would much rather get out 4 grand and go find a survivor and keep it running for that one in 50 days where I'd really want to ride it.

I had my Volusia for those "I m going for a cruise" days... And it was a much more versatile bike. I have spent 12 hours in a Vol saddle and not gotten far, but been happy. I would not be happy if I made a 400 mile side road trip on the scrambler.

I am almost a done deal with a 1963 500 cc Beezer. That will do fine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.