Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't know where else to post this... I told him to create an account and introduce himself. Hopefully he will listen to his mother for once... lol. My son bought a 2012 C50T with a little over 7,000 miles on it. It really is beautiful (in a manly way, of course... :biglaugh:)

He brought it home last night (well, Steve did because he doesn't take his safety course until next weekend) and already it suffered from the non-modified kickstand BOOM! The good news is that my grandson's bike wasn't parked next to it as it would be normally. If it had been that bike would have been damaged because it is a sport bike with all the plastic body work. My house would have been damaged too since it would have then pushed grandson's bike into side of house.

I was a bad mommy and forgot to warn him about not parking the bike in neutral. Fortunately, the bike has highway bars and the stock saddle bags so no damage done...

It is kind of nice to have another C50 in the "stable." Of course, the stable only has room for two bikes, and, those two bikes are mine and Steve's :grin2:, but it is still nice to have it here, and we will figure something out for the winter when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Also, guys are dumb. We never listen to our mothers.
Well, that is very true, but in this case, he gets to blame me... lol. Or, I could say it is his fault for not joining a week ago when I told him to so that he would have already known...lol

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congrats, but what is this kick stand boom you speak of? And parking in gear? Never do it unless parked on a hill.

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
Congrats to your son, will be nice sharing riding time together.

·
Registered
20,218 Posts
That's fantastic. Family riding time is a kickstand away. Guys never listen to their mothers, we know everything. If I'd listened to my Mom, I wouldn't be riding today. She was dead set against me riding, even though her and Dad did when they were dating.

·
Super Moderator
57,621 Posts
Great! Fresh meat to party with. These youngsters have all the good stuff :)

Now he can rent a room and Kurt's son can rent the other room and we be groovin' like one big commune happy family :D

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! Fresh meat to party with. These youngsters have all the good stuff :)

Now he can rent a room and Kurt's son can rent the other room and we be groovin' like one big commune happy family :D

Maybe next year. I don't think he will be ready for the ride from here to Lake George by this rally. Perhaps I can convince him to bring his GF and attend next weekend. He would certainly see me in a different light! lol Heck, who knows, maybe even my crotch rocket riding grandson will come next year - though that is a real stretch... lol

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats to your son, will be nice sharing riding time together.

Jay, I look forward to it. My grandson and I rode together for the firsttime last Thursday. I got all teary-eyed for a moment. I had been looking forward to this for a long time. (My grandson rode as a passenger many times with me. This was the first time he rode with me where he rode his own bike!)

I can't wait to get a three generation picture of us all on a ride together!

·
Registered
491 Posts
And so the addictive cycle continues. Good to see you raised him right!

·
Super Moderator
20,512 Posts
good times ahead for you and your son Tena in sharing future memories you'll be able to cherish forever...glad to see he's taking the course...meanwhile make sure he gets the right gear to ride in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts