Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy sorry if im asking an old question, i did a bit of research and i think it might be a faulty air temp senser but i just want to run it past you guys before buying a new one.

i have a 2006 FI C50, with stock air filter and cobra exhaust istalled by PO. the O2 sensor is still plugged in and taped up.

the problem im having is when im in traffic and the bike is getting hot the idle increases untill its so high im getting popping through the exhaust, im guessing something to do with the PAIR system. once out of traffic and thr bike gets some air over it the idle will calm down.

anyone had this problem before and got a fix?

thanks a lot for the help.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow no one,
I'm no help But someone must know or have a idea.
But sounds like a sensor
Is the fan coming on ok ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah fan is working overtime in traffic, never had a temp light come on.
I've ordered an air temp sensor, only $50 so see if that works. Failing that I might had it over to the shop to plug the comp in and run a diag on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully it's nothing else more serious. The fan working overtime in traffic usually means the engines overheating.. So hopefully its just a minor hiccup.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you do try the stock pipes And thats the issue, Find a nut to fit the c02 sensor then drill a hole. Weld the nut to the new pipes. Not a big job. Just pick the right spot for reach.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i asked the suzuki workshop guy if it could be because of the O2 sensor not being installed he said it wouldnt affect it. i'll pick up the air temp sensor tomorrow and give that a go and take it from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts