Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
luckily not too fast yet.

The second doc says get the surgery. Now I'm in insurance hell looking for a participating.

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Thanks for checking in, buddy. Hope you're keeping more or less comfortable while you go thru the annoying insurance stuff.

How's the bike look?

·
Super Moderator
57,649 Posts
Kids can't buy cigarettes but they can buy bikes like yours. Go figure. Grow up and get a real old fart station wagon bike like I did :p

I got a screwgun some screws and some metal laying around if you want me to fix you up. Tomorrow I have a day off so if you want me to pencil you in PM me.

Late morning I may be taking a very close friend's heroin addict son down to rehab so my schedule is starting to fill up. :(

·
Super Moderator
57,649 Posts
I'm not a whiskey drinker but I have had beers with Myron. I hate to say it but after bad mouthing the batwing fairing and taking the GSXR out instead of the Sportster the HD gods didn't look upon this too favorably.

It's not nice to fool Mother MoCo. :p

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for checking in, buddy. Hope you're keeping more or less comfortable while you go thru the annoying insurance stuff.

How's the bike look?

I took another look at her today. Front fairing cracked. Some piece on the side is all cracked up, road rash on the left side, bent left side foot peg (looks like a bolt on the frame), shaved tail section and I think thats it. Took a good look at the rear wheel. Forensice (ha ha) seems to indicate fish tail to the left, one counter steer and the second attempt to counter steer simply laid the bike down, cracked and slid. The chicken strip on that side of the tire is grooved just about horizontally meaning it didn't grap ****.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Who did you vote for and did that contribute to this dilemna at all?

Never the less keep us informed as to the surgery and healing process.
Oh no young man. This is part of the most expensive best insurance coverage in the world...party and decade irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got a good Doc lined up for visit tomorrow. He's tied into the same trauma hospital, pulled my x rays and also says I should have the surgery. Game on.

Bike wise, Can I even check for a bent frame myself, although I'm not sure how. I figure I'll let a shop take a look at it. But all that is quite a bit ways off.

A fellow Triumph rider hit ice and totaled his bike and collar bone. His bike was totalled by the rear foot peg "mushrooming" the frame.

I'm thinking medical marijuana might be in order.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
In the "Twist of the Wrist II" they show a guy riding into a slick spot with a contraption that doesn't let the bike hit ground but does let it fall over. When the rider corrects for the slick spot and wiggle on the bike, he goes down. When the rider doesn't try to correct himself but lets the bike correct itself, he stays up and rides off. I try to keep this in mind but it can be hard to let the bike correct itself. I am sure there are others who can give some insight into this.

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Oh no young man. This is part of the most expensive best insurance coverage in the world...party and decade irrelevant.
So when the he11 are they going to fix you? I'm shocked you're still waiting for surgery.

Hope you're not having a lot of pain. And that Stephanie is taking good care of you.

21 - 40 of 207 Posts