Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy that has Honda and Yamaha Fairings for sale and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a c50 with one of these on it? I know alot of people do the harley ones but I haven't seen anyone try one of these or weather they would even look right.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
are you talking the ones that where used on the honda valkyrie interstate and on the yamy venture?

If so, I haven't seen anyone use one of those yet.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
If you're talking about the Vetter type fairings I don't think they would look right. The older Wixom/Bates etc. fairings might not look too bad (I considered using one of those).

·
Registered
590 Posts
... what a small world ... I'm waiting on two different fairings to arrive right now ... both off old Hondas ... they are both older fairings and not Vetter ... I picked them specifically because they are rounded and very stylized ... I have to agree that the Vetter Fairings just don't look good with the Volusia/C50 ... the batwing Harley's are proven and do look nice ...

here's links to the ebay bids I got ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=370045384300&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=110243876611&rd=1

... keep your eye on ebay and some really slick fairings roll across for dang-little money ... including the batwings ... shipping is usually around 25-35 bucks (just watch the sellers though as some will kill you with shipping) ... you can usually get away for under $100 - $200 total ...

... good luck with your choice and don't forget to post some pics ...

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Those are both cool looking Rev. I like the second one best with the lights mounted in it. I'll bet that one would look sharp with some old style hard bags too. 8)

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
w/ the 2nd one add a white bike and a white and black 3/4 helmet and ppl woud be getting out of your way! :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. I really like the second one you bought.

RevBill said:
... what a small world ... I'm waiting on two different fairings to arrive right now ... both off old Hondas ... they are both older fairings and not Vetter ... I picked them specifically because they are rounded and very stylized ... I have to agree that the Vetter Fairings just don't look good with the Volusia/C50 ... the batwing Harley's are proven and do look nice ...

here's links to the ebay bids I got ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=370045384300&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=110243876611&rd=1

... keep your eye on ebay and some really slick fairings roll across for dang-little money ... including the batwings ... shipping is usually around 25-35 bucks (just watch the sellers though as some will kill you with shipping) ... you can usually get away for under $100 - $200 total ...

... good luck with your choice and don't forget to post some pics ...

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Duffy said:
If you're talking about the Vetter type fairings I don't think they would look right. The older Wixom/Bates etc. fairings might not look too bad (I considered using one of those).
wixom fairings and bates saddle bags.......MAN, I loved both.

I had a mint 73' cb750 about 5 years ago and I searched high and low for each. I never found them in such good condition as revbill posted. SNATCH that second one up!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Studly said:
Those are both cool looking Rev. I like the second one best with the lights mounted in it. I'll bet that one would look sharp with some old style hard bags too. 8)
... that's what I am hoping ... I got hold of a matching set of old Shoei "clamshell" bags and matching trunk with all the old chrome (needs re-doing) intact ...

.. got that other fairing simply because I had not seen a mounting system like that (looks like it comes off the triples) ... and the price was right ... lol ...

... Front ... seriously ... if you tag e-bay every couple of days and do a search there are some really slick fairings that come across ... I finally bought one (well ... two) because I decided I am just going to have to get another Volusia and have one set up as a custom cruiser and one as a mini-cop commuter ... lol ... unless I can come up with some quick-realease mounting systems for the fairing and trunk (already have the easy brackets for the bags) ... I have let a bunch of really slick fairings go before now (and a ton of batwings) ... so they are "out there" to be had at a really reasonable price ...

... have you got any pics of the fairings you are looking at?? ... would love to see what you have in mind ...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Toe Knee said:
Duffy said:

I had a mint 73' cb750 about 5 years ago and I searched high and low for each. I never found them in such good condition as revbill posted. SNATCH that second one up!!!!!!!!!!
... heh heh ... got em both ... and I am either going to get another Volusia or rig up a quick release system ... OR ... I do know someone with (or had last year) complete factory 750-4K that they would be willing to let go for about $800.00 (man I do hope they still have it) ...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
REV.........The guy I was talking about finally sent me some pictures of the ones he has and they are all 90's model which I dont think they would look good on our bikes. I could send you the picture if you want to see them. I think Im going to try what you said and just set up a couple of save searches on e-bay that sends the daily finds. Im also looking for the older hard bags from the late 70's honda.....I like some of those

RevBill said:
Studly said:
... that's what I am hoping ... I got hold of a matching set of old Shoei "clamshell" bags and matching trunk with all the old chrome (needs re-doing) intact ...

.. got that other fairing simply because I had not seen a mounting system like that (looks like it comes off the triples) ... and the price was right ... lol ...

... Front ... seriously ... if you tag e-bay every couple of days and do a search there are some really slick fairings that come across ... I finally bought one (well ... two) because I decided I am just going to have to get another Volusia and have one set up as a custom cruiser and one as a mini-cop commuter ... lol ... unless I can come up with some quick-realease mounting systems for the fairing and trunk (already have the easy brackets for the bags) ... I have let a bunch of really slick fairings go before now (and a ton of batwings) ... so they are "out there" to be had at a really reasonable price ...

... have you got any pics of the fairings you are looking at?? ... would love to see what you have in mind ...

·
Registered
590 Posts
... good hunting man ... you'll find 'em for sure ...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Toe Knee said:
Duffy said:

... Duffy and Tony knew what they were talking about ... I didn't realize that fairing with the side lights was/is a Wixom ... it rocks ... just got here on UPS ... mounts are in great shape and only minimal scratches that will be easily taken care of in the prep work for the new paint ...

... Front ... I'll take a look at that second fairing when it gets here and if it looks like it will work and it is in good shape I'll make you a "helluva deal" ... I won't be needing two now will I??

.... EDIT ... of course ... I made that offer without even considering if you would want it or not considering there is no inner fairing and it will never look a "purdy" as a fairing with an inner liner ... still laughing at myself ... if you don't want it I won't be offended at all ... heck ... it may even be too small or have some other issues I don't know about ...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rev,

I acually might be interested in the one you dont use. I will also send you a PM. I have been out of town and didnt get to respond after your last post.

Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
... dude ... had the chance to play around last night and start the mock-up of the Wixom (the one with the aux light holes) and it is going to look pretty kewl ... only have to shave about an 1-1/2 off the bottom to clear the front forks ...

... don't know if this will help or not ... but I am re-using the holes and bolts for the small air deflector under the triple trees ... and on the VL800 (not sure about C50s) there are actually two bolt holes under the top plate on the triple that fit the bolts from the tuen signals ... perfect places for mounts ... absolutely perfect ... I'll post pics when I get the chance ... and I'll check out that other fairing when it gets here to see if something similar can be worked out (and if the existing triple mounts will work as well ... I think I'll be keeping the Wixom I got now though ...

... you can PM if you like or just e-mail me at [email protected] ...

·
Registered
590 Posts
.. oh ... and welcome home ... heh heh ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts