Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m driving a Suzuki m50, parked it in the drive way for lunch went back out to start it up and the check oil pressure light is on. The bike’s FI runs like normal but when I hit the start button nothing happens. There is oil in it and it is due for a change but not way over due. It’s a 2014 and has less then 10000 on it. Could just old oil cause an issue ? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hello and welcome from Oregon. Sorry to hear about your issues. First thing to check are your starting circuit switches. Clutch, kickstand, etc.. If that Doesn't fix it try a search in the HELP! section. Hope you get it going.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
The oil pressure warning light is on, because there is no oil pressure when the engine is not running. As soon as you start the engine and it detects pressure, the light will go away.

The bike has a series of safety switches in place which will keep the engine from starting if they are not properly engaged. First, make sure your clutch is completely pulled against the handle bar. Second, make sure that the side stand is up and folded back into its storage position. There is the option of starting the bike while ON the side stand, but the transmission must be placed in neutral first.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Don't forget to check the kill switch......it gets people all the time......

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
26,070 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Had some suggestions, but it looks like they've all been covered already. Always a day late and a dollar short. That's me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts