Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I guess I had to mount a set to find out that loud pipes are just not for me, the drilled stocks are just what I like. So here they are up for grabs again. Got these from another member in exchange for newer stocks plus $100. They are in great shape, no dents or bluing, only a few minor scratches only visible when looking closely. A tiny amount of surface rust on the rear mounting bracket but nothing that cannot be removed with sandpaper and polish (I just don't have the time for it). You CAN NOT see that little rust spot when mounted!!!!

I will let them go for $140 plus UPS Ground shipping (ca. USD 35.00 due to their dimensions).

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:scoot: Bumpity Bump

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going on eBay tonight - last chance!

·
Registered
67 Posts
How do these pipes sound compared to debaffled stocks? I can't find any audio clips of these particular pipes.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oz, I have never heard debaffled stocks live, just in clips, but I would say the sound of the Jardines is deeper, throatier. Plus you have a larger overall inside diameter so the engine exhausts better than with stocks.

I would say the loudness is comparable, the Jardines are rumbly at cruise and sound off quite well when on the throttle. They are not as loud as Cruzers Straights or Hardkromes!

As with all aftermarket pipes, a KN air filter and some sort of fuel processor would definitely boost overall performance. I still have a KN filter and G-Man BULLY processor with my drilled stocks and depending on my settings, I can chose between performance or fuel economy, HOWEVER, a fuel processor is NOT a necessity when making changes to the exhaust (only when making changes to the intake)!!!

Cheers,
Carsten

ozbornm said:
How do these pipes sound compared to debaffled stocks? I can't find any audio clips of these particular pipes.
Thanks,

·
Registered
172 Posts
JARDINE TAPERS

Carsten, don't say I told you so. I got my money back for the Cobra Slashcuts minus 20%, because they saw the blue under the heat sheilds. I'm happy with that. Love the stockers, nice quiet ride.

Good Luck,
CTRider :D

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yepp, I remember you telling me and for some reason they were a lot louder than Captain's. They are already on eBay with a bunch of watchers. Hey, if you don't try, you'll never know for sure ;) Some people love the loud rumble, as evident in my street :lol:

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
moenko said:
Yepp, I remember you telling me and for some reason they were a lot louder than Captain's. They are already on eBay with a bunch of watchers. Hey, if you don't try, you'll never know for sure ;) Some people love the loud rumble, as evident in my street :lol:
That's why I'm keeping my stock pipes on the Honda VTX1300 I just bought. I'm sick of that loud noise that i had with the Jardines.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold on eBay today!

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Did you get what you wanted outta them? just curious.

I kept my untouched stockers j.i.c. i decide i want to pamper my ears on some of our longer hauls this summer.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wehrd1 said:
Did you get what you wanted outta them? just curious.

I kept my untouched stockers j.i.c. i decide i want to pamper my ears on some of our longer hauls this summer.
Colleen, yes I did - I asked for the same price on eBay that I asked for here which I thought was fair for what they are. I don't know what stockers are worth but I paid $100 plus my original stock pipes so I think I come out even in the deal, and learned that louder than drilled stocks are just not for me 8)

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Good for you, I also sold mind black pipes on ebay. But the person who bought them lives in the next town over (young kind) and I'm going to put them on for him Sunday moring.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that is very nice of you Carlos!!!! Hey, after you're done, would you mind swinging over and washing/polishing my bike??? :lol:

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
moenko said:
Wow, that is very nice of you Carlos!!!! Hey, after you're done, would you mind swinging over and washing/polishing my bike??? :lol:
Yea after I install that tac

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Ha moenko how do you like my new (new to me) 2005 Honda VTX1300 with 3500 for $5000. I've added some stuff to it since I've taken this picture. Laugage rack, Lowers, freeway bars. Going to keep the OEM exchaust, I like the silence. But I still work on Suzuki's since my other is one. The LC is a better ride on the highway but Honda better in town. Not as heavy.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOWIEE!!! She's beautiful Carlos - congrats!!!!! I know Capt Cruiser has a heart for the VTX, but then, black makes him look pale :lol:

Beautiful bike!!!!

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
He seen it last saturday during the chicken feed with bikkerpop. He sat on it and like the seat height which is 27.1 inches.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL, yeah, it would be better at 25 inches for him but there's always lowering kits :twisted: (Oh he's going to give it to me tomorrow lol)

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I had a lowering kit on the LC and took it off. It rode like a TANK worst than M1B1 tank

1 - 20 of 20 Posts