Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Glad you are ok. Appendix is fine but always a pain in the butt when it isn’t working right.
Always seems to be the forgotten organ when there is stomach pain because the flu is so prevelant nowadays.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Hey Terry, you ever have a reinfection or did they remove it all? My doc didn't remove my remnants, afraid of tearing into the colon.

I don't remember having any sort of complications after.

Gotta remember that my event was over 50 years ago. The scar is long and I remember my mom saying they had to open me that far to remove and clean out my innards :surprise:.

Hope your feeling better.....

·
The Village Idiot
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Terry, Dennis.
Yes, I am back to normal again. Since is was endoscopic, it was not bad, but since he didn't remove all of it, I was stuck in the hospital on some pretty strong IV antibiotics. Only a few days out of the hospital and after I ran through my antibiotic pills I had to take, I was back in the saddle.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
The Village Idiot
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So this is insane.
On October 10th, I had some abdominal pains and had another CT scan. Went to my primary care doc to look at it. Said I was all good, including my appendix. So yeah, you read that right.
Fast forward to Monday 11/11 - my wife drove me to the ER (different hospital) as I was on death's doorstep. Honestly, I have a high pain threshold, but this stuff...I was literally crying and couldn't breath. It was bad.
Emergency appendectomy #2 performed. This time the doc took a picture of it in his hands and said it looked in tact except for the perforation at the base which was leaking and poisoning me. He told my wife it was really awful in there. He found a staple that was used to close up whatever the original surgeon took out, but that it was nowhere near where my appendix was. Apparently, I cheated death twice now. So, I have had a total of 3 CT scans and they all show an appendix, look exactly the same in all three, so that first surgeon, I have no clue what he was looking at or doing. This recent surgeon has no clue either, but says that I am going to be just fine now.
I am at home recovering now, thankful to be able to post on the VR.

·
Super Moderator
8,934 Posts
So this is insane.
On October 10th, I had some abdominal pains and had another CT scan. Went to my primary care doc to look at it. Said I was all good, including my appendix. So yeah, you read that right.
Fast forward to Monday 11/11 - my wife drove me to the ER (different hospital) as I was on death's doorstep. Honestly, I have a high pain threshold, but this stuff...I was literally crying and couldn't breath. It was bad.
Emergency appendectomy #2 performed. This time the doc took a picture of it in his hands and said it looked in tact except for the perforation at the base which was leaking and poisoning me. He told my wife it was really awful in there. He found a staple that was used to close up whatever the original surgeon took out, but that it was nowhere near where my appendix was. Apparently, I cheated death twice now. So, I have had a total of 3 CT scans and they all show an appendix, look exactly the same in all three, so that first surgeon, I have no clue what he was looking at or doing. This recent surgeon has no clue either, but says that I am going to be just fine now.
I am at home recovering now, thankful to be able to post on the VR.
Holy ... SH!T!!! That's crazy!!

Man, I'm glad you're OK, Jeff!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Good thing you are state side, recent report here in Canada saying surgeons here are too often not taking all the sponges, clamps etc out when they are done! Should be metal detectors at the doors to the surgical suite so as to alert the doc's there is still some hardware to come out.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I believe you are part reptilian and it grew back each time. Glad you are doing better.

Reactions: Jeffrobombero

·
Administrator
52,602 Posts
Perhaps a visit to an experienced, medically trained, attorney's office to discuss the previous surgeon's failure.
Great to hear that You made it through the strained medical procedure, and are on the mend.

·
The Village Idiot
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have contacted about 5 firms so far. Just got word back from one that it's not enough $$$ for them to take it on, and that I would lack a medical expert to testify on my behalf. I guess that's too much work for them to get all that stuff together to make it worth it. I'll see if they all are feeling that way.

·
Super Moderator
25,653 Posts
Damn ambulance chasers. They want a cut and only want to work with you if they can get a $1M+ settlement. Ugh. Sorry, bro.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts