Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh.
So, Wednesday i woke up in agony. Thought had stomach flu. Thursday i felt a little better but still like poop. Friday, a little worse.
Friday night i was under the knife to remove an appendix that didn't exist anymore because it exploded Wednesday morning. I'm a lucky dude that I am still upright.
Anyway, I'm in the hospital until Tuesday. Appreciate prayers and good mojo.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Dammit.
Glad you got help in time.

I hate hospitals.
So much so that I won't even visit me when I'm in one.

·
Registered
19,337 Posts
I went through that myself back in 2000. Woke up feeling like poo, went to work, passed out and then went to the ER. Admitted me for stomach flu. My white count was 35,000 and they scheduled me for surgery in the morning. I died on the operating table, then spent the next 2 weeks in ICU hooked up to IV antibiotics. I have a lovely 13" scar on my lower left side where they removed about 8" of diseased intestine for good measure.

Heal fast, bro!

·
Super Moderator
56,265 Posts
I went through that myself back in 2000. Woke up feeling like poo, went to work, passed out and then went to the ER. Admitted me for stomach flu. My white count was 35,000 and they scheduled me for surgery in the morning. I died on the operating table, then spent the next 2 weeks in ICU hooked up to IV antibiotics. I have a lovely 13" scar on my lower left side where they removed about 8" of diseased intestine for good measure.

Heal fast, bro!
Hory sheet

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
That is too close a call for anyone!!

All the prayers and mojo I can muster.....

Follow the doctors and nurses orders - just for fun!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. Things are going well. Oxy has been my friend as i am hooked up to hoses pumping me full of antibiotics.
Some days are better than others. I get to leave here Tuesday morning and I'll just be on oral antibiotics for I don't know how long. Probably a couple weeks off the bike cause I'll be tender. Plus i have this alien looking tube coming out of my belly dripping nasty infection into a bulb that i dump several times a day.
My pulse has been super low at times, and my bp at one point skyrocketed to 209 over 90 something. That caused a lot of people to poop. But i felt fine otherwise. EKG and more blood tests come back just fine.
In fact, every blood test i have ever taken thru this came out fine. My piss tests came out fine. No headache, no fever, no nausea, no centralized pain on the right side... Nothing pointed to my appendix until the CT scan showed a mess of what used to be one.
So nothing to remove because he was afraid he would cut into the colon and that would be really bad. So apparently, this is the process to fix things.
My question for him is at what point in the future, if there's a reinfection and i feel sick... Do i get them to give me a CT scan. Cause at some point, I'm going to get the stomach flu for real... And my insurance will not be happy to pay for a CT scan for the flu bug.

Anyway, dudes... And ladies... Don't be an idiot like me. If it don't feel right, get it checked out.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Mine busted while I was in the hospital for the stomach pain! Pain was instantly gone with the rupture. I was 6 years old at the time and I vividly remember the panic that set in with the hospital staff.

Well wishes to you!!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
One lucky man, you are. I spent the last two months recovering from something similar (aortic aneurysm x2). That type of operation kicks the sh*t out of you for quite some time. Take the time you need to heal and don't push yourself. Sending prayers and positive energy your way.

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back home finally and I feel like crap. Hey Terry, you ever have a reinfection or did they remove it all? My doc didn't remove my remnants, afraid of tearing into the colon. He said antibiotics normally "fix" the issue and never have any other issues. But there's still a chance, so I got that going for me.

I recall your AAA Limo... That was always on the back of my mind when my pains first started. ..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts