Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Maybe it's just the picture, but I don't see the speakers? The illustration shows they are in the half helmet but they wouldn't work that way. I use a Bell half helmet with zip in neck curtain so the speakers have a place to attach. I'm aware of a Sena attachment that is a triangular piece that wedges into the half helmet so the speaker have a drop down. But it's not shown as required here? The speakers really need to be at the same height or location as your ears. With the open webbing shown, there's no place to hang them.

Rv

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it's just the picture, but I don't see the speakers? The illustration shows they are in the half helmet but they wouldn't work that way. I use a Bell half helmet with zip in neck curtain so the speakers have a place to attach. I'm aware of a Sena attachment that is a triangular piece that wedges into the half helmet so the speaker have a drop down. But it's not shown as required here? The speakers really need to be at the same height or location as your ears. With the open webbing shown, there's no place to hang them.

Rv
Yeh, it’s just the pic. The helmet comes with the wedge inserts. Looks like a cool possibility but looking for anyone who has one and has any feedback to offer. Thanks for stopping by!!!

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Looks to be nice helmet with some innovative sound technology. However, while I do not want to be a party popper, I would sincerely ask you to rethink your choice in helmet styles. Half helmets offer seriously limited protection. I recently experienced an accident with another biker and he would have been dead had he been wearing the half helmet he had with him in his saddlebags. I love all my brother and sister riders and want you guys to have the opportunity to grow old in the saddle. (I'll shut up now).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Already did. Just looking for some folks here who may have some experience with the product themselves. Thanks!
Are you looking for reviews of the helmet or Sena? Half helmet is just that.... Half helmet. Not sure you can determine fit, size, aero, etc based on others experience.

Now, on the Sena, I've used the Scala system for years and then moved up in technology as I say, to the Sena system. Love it. Can't ride without it. BT phone, music, turn by turn direction, good mic, decent speakers, good battery when used and maintained properly.

Rv

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks to be nice helmet with some innovative sound technology. However, while I do not want to be a party popper, I would sincerely ask you to rethink your choice in helmet styles. Half helmets offer seriously limited protection. I recently experienced an accident with another biker and he would have been dead had he been wearing the half helmet he had with him in his saddlebags. I love all my brother and sister riders and want you guys to have the opportunity to grow old in the saddle. (I'll shut up now).
Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate the concern. This would not be my long distance highway riding helmet option; rather, only for in town and short commutes.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate the concern. This would not be my long distance highway riding helmet option; rather, only for in town and short commutes.
Not sure what difference distance makes with choice of helmet? My girl and I were riding our bikes 18 months ago and a few miles from home. She crashed behind me at slow speed at a turn lane entrance. 8 ribs, collar bone, punctured lung. Intensive care for 7 days. Her helmet, FF, saved her life. Helmet was gouged, and damaged all along the left side of the chin bar. When I approached her at the scene, she was unconscious. Thought she was dead. Couldn't get her to respond. Only after a few minutes, did she wake up. Impact with the ground at idle speed crushed her body, helmet saved her life. She's ridden since childhood. I have also. 40+years of riding. I consider her one of the best, experienced riders I've ridden with.

Soft head, hard ground.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm not advocating either type... It's a choice. I have several helmets. Choose one or the other depending on conditions. Just sharing our experience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what difference distance makes with choice of helmet? My girl and I were riding our bikes 18 months ago and a few miles from home. She crashed behind me at slow speed at a turn lane entrance. 8 ribs, collar bone, punctured lung. Intensive care for 7 days. Her helmet, FF, saved her life. Helmet was gouged, and damaged all along the left side of the chin bar. When I approached her at the scene, she was unconscious. Thought she was dead. Couldn't get her to respond. Only after a few minutes, did she wake up. Impact with the ground at idle speed crushed her body, helmet saved her life. She's ridden since childhood. I have also. 40+years of riding. I consider her one of the best, experienced riders I've ridden with.

Soft head, hard ground.
I get it! Glad she is OK and has recovered from that experience. I applaud your courage to share the story. You got me thinkin' fo sho! :surprise::scoot::-?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you looking for reviews of the helmet or Sena? Half helmet is just that.... Half helmet. Not sure you can determine fit, size, aero, etc based on others experience.

Now, on the Sena, I've used the Scala system for years and then moved up in technology as I say, to the Sena system. Love it. Can't ride without it. BT phone, music, turn by turn direction, good mic, decent speakers, good battery when used and maintained properly.

Rv
Cool. What SENA system are you using? How long have you been using it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts