Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So obviously you get more bang for your buck with a full exhaust system and with universal mufflers you getting ample upgrade if you select correctly but from what I can see Universal is kind of like using the word Maybe. Just seems like there's too much room for error such as leakage and whatnot. So here's my real problem or question I can't find an exhaust system that I want that exceptionally is not made for v l but will even fit. So here's my big question:
Can I take one of these millions of phenomenal exhaust systems made for Harley Dyna or in 883 even which most are and use an adapter and slap them on my chopper bobber I'm making out of my vl800? If so I want to press fucking buy right now. Pardon my language but I'm behind on this build because I just can't get the answers or find the exhaust I want. I'm posting a picture of the bike but I'm sick of the Chrome and the attention and I already started but I'm blacking it out and keeping the paint job but freshening it up but it's going to be black and gold no Chrome and only gold accessories except for the damn exhaust if I can and that's what I'm having trouble with.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Unfortunately, there are no off the shelf solutions. Every aftermarket slip on will require custom fabrication not just to attach it to the headers, but also to support the weight against the subframe. The stock headers are also only 1" or so in diameter, so you won't see much of an improvement with air flow. You will also spend a lot of time hunting down exhaust leaks too.

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Blacksmith is the outfit that offers the 866 " big bore" kit for the VL800. Almost $1700 for parts and machine work to get a mild bump in compression.

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Insane prices:oops:
Yes, they are - especially for the small bump in power that it would yield. But I do like their marketing department's use of MASSIVE to describe the additional 3cu.in gain in displacement. Now, that with the forced induction would be fun, but the cost to do so is more than two of these bikes put together.

I do like that they're offering custom wheels and fenders but again, the prices are hard to justify. Especially when you're thinking about throwing that much cash into a $1500 bike.

Reactions: SJ86

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Reactions: NateDog 62

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Combat 2-1 Long Exhaust System by Freedom Performance for Boulevard
When I saw this ad, I thought, now someone is getting smart, ... but, ... I was wrong!

Why would a company manufacture an exhaust system for such a limited number of Suzuki Boulevards? There are 100+ times more C50s+M50s than all the C90s+C109s+M109s combined. And the owners of the C50s/M50s are ready to buy as long as it sounds good! (like the Roadhouse 2-1). I have yet to meet an owner of a 90 or 109 that isn't using the stock exhaust system and is unhappy with it. Almost every C50/M50 owner I have met, wishes they could get a better sound. I've met one owner that had the RoadHouse 2-1 exhaust on his C50 and he liked the sound of it. I also liked it, just could not find one, since it was discontinued.

This "new" offering looks like a slip-on for a harley with an exhaust adapted to fit the 90/109s. Not original.

With all the accoustical engineering available, someone should be able to come up with a 2-1, or 2-1-2 with a series of chambers that would make the C50 sound much nicer. If Borla can do it for a car across 4/6/8/10 cylinder engines, someone should be able to create something for the C50, that would cost about $250. I would buy it, and I think a significant number of C50/M50 owners would also.

:cool::cool::cool:
Sorry for my rant.

·
Super Moderator
4,731 Posts
First off, nice build.. Digging the paint scheme and seat... The old Roadhouse exhaust from long ago would look killer on your scooter... Also a official welcome to the VR family...Bike looks killer..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts