Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...so before my PM box gets full...I am not sure I am selling them yet...but probably will :p Thats another thread. For now, I am needing a little advice on shipping pipes. For those of you that have, how much did it run you (and how far did you ship them) They are HK Big 3's so they are big...I don't have a box or shipping materials so I need the whole shabang. Anybody have any experience with that?

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I shipped stock pipes trough UPS. Because of weight and unusual size and shape of the box it cost me almost $75 to pack it and ship it. Oh and I sold pipes for $25.

I remember another shipping ordeal when i shipped stock handlebars. $30 with UPS becuase of oversize packaging. USPS asked $40.

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
Ok the trick is to break them down all the way. I just shipped a set via FedEx ground to a guy about 500 miles from me 25.00. I sold them for 575.00 :p

BTW I packed them in heavy triple layer moving paper and then placed them in a lamp carton and stuffed them tight with more packing paper.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FX4 said:
Ok the trick is to break them down all the way. I just shipped a set via FedEx ground to a guy about 500 miles from me 25.00. I sold them for 575.00 :p

BTW I packed them in heavy triple layer moving paper and then placed them in a lamp carton and stuffed them tight with more packing paper.
Thats part of the problem...no breaking them down. All there is is the two pipes...heat shields and pipes are one piece. Just the one pipe is almost 5 feet long and weighs 13 lbs :?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
just remember even if a huge box weighs 5 pounds UPS does dimensional shipping... so its the dims of the box that matter. that can make a 5 lb huge box cost big bux

1 - 7 of 7 Posts