Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Loud pipes on a C50 are for children. Hope this helps.

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
25,663 Posts
I always think of these kids who put an aftermarket exhaust on a Honda Civic. With a small displacement engine that runs at high RPMs you end up with something that sounds more like a weed whacker than a Hemi Cuda.

The C50 is a small displacement engine. It'll never sound like a partner displacement engine, no matter how much you spend on the exhaust system.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Fart cans. Hope this helps.

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
198 Posts
So golden pony, enjoy the bike for what it is, it is a great bike and you will have lots of fun on it. Buy yourself lots of other accessories and chrome parts, its a sickness! I use my bike for cruising around my town. I don't want to start another topic, but I feel this bike is awesome for cruising around at 65 and below. So that being said, I'm done ...I'm off my high horse, I hope I haven't offended anyone.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
The header pipe is only 1" in diameter. You'll never make the connection work, as the ID of the slip on is too large. In general, there are no shortcuts here.

Reactions: Med R Oj

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I really wanted that Harley sound too.
So I got a fairing, installed some big speakers and a powerful amp.
Then I made a recording of myself and put it on a loop.

You can hear me screaming from blocks away going, Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato!,Potato! :grin2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's the best idea I have heard yet. I wish I could find a motorcycle that sounded like a Harley but ran like a Suzuki! LOL, no I'm just kidding I'm happy with what I got.

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
Hope you realize that they may not be in business anymore or product may have changed. I noticed the last review was almost 4 years old.

·
Super Moderator
20,758 Posts
wonder if he ever got anything...dude never came back...probably took the mc out w/o pipes...got stopped for loudness...got smart with the local barney fife, who inturn decided to fulfill some childhood fantasy about taking on the local chapter of the hells angels... and presently is walking circles rotting away in some dark rat infested old jail cell...serves him right too for not coming back here.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
wonder if he ever got anything...dude never came back...probably took the mc out w/o pipes...got stopped for loudness...got smart with the local barney fife, who inturn decided to fulfill some childhood fantasy about taking on the local chapter of the hells angels... and presently is walking circles rotting away in some dark rat infested old jail cell...serves him right too for not coming back here.
He may have also been shot by local gang members who thought they were under gunfire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I actually put a set of those on my 2001. VERY LOUD under load. Sounds ok, but at 65/70 they are truly loud. I will be putting an OEM used set on this fall. When I got this bike it had NO Mufflers at all. The shorty's helped and it does sound better than naked pipes.

I reversed the shorty (used smaller diameter end), bought a reduction ring set, used muffler repair cloth to build up pipe enough for the reduction set to grab.

I will say: If you really want loud, do it. Just know that Loud is really LOUD with these on this bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sorry guys, I've been working strange hour. so getting back on here or anywhere on line has been hit n miss.

I just posted what I finally did: Shorty's. Until the fall when I plan to put an OEM on it. If I can find a decent set I can afford. We are currently remodeling and most of the cash is going right into that.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
If you want stupid crazy loud, just leave the pipes off!:shock:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts