Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard c50t . It has the stock Exhaust on it. I was looking around and I can not find any Brand Name Slip On exhausts for this model. All I could find was the complete exhaust systems which is expensive and then you have to have bike re tuned another expense. Does anyone know if they make Slip Ons for this bike and where I can find them. I also watched the YouTube videos on drilling the 1/2 inch holes at 12, 3, 6, and 9 oclock position in the plate by the baffle and then another 4 smaller holes in between the 1/2 inch holes. Does this work and make it louder, I don't want to ruin my stock pipes by doing this and finding out it sounds bad. Also they show how to remove the baffles completely in another Video but I don't think I'm a fan of that either. How many people have tried either one of these options and what was the result. Thank you I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Here's my input:
Leave the bike alone.
Ride it, and enjoy it.
The manufacturers designed it the best they could for what they were trying to accomplish.
It's an 800 cc bike.
It will never sound like, nor be a 1500.

Read the forum, there's post after post of people with problems and jacked up bikes from people who thought they knew better than Suzuki.

You can probably throw a few thousand dollars at the bike, have a bunch of headaches, and at most maybe get 5 hp more out of it.

Leave the bike as is.
When you're ready, get one that's bigger and better.
The very best you are going to be able to improve this bike is a DJ drive, and it's worth every penny.

My 2 Cents.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to agree, its nice to be a little louder but if you are going to ride lots for long distance you will drive yourself crazy. I wish i had stock exhaust.
Just another 2cents worth.
Ride safe

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Drilling or de-baffling does not make a C50 sound better.......I have never seen a set of slip-ons for this bike.....if you want more noise get an aftermarket set of exhaust (be careful as some of them really sound like crap).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took the baffles out of my '17, put a K&N filter on it and like the sound just fine. Not too loud like a damn HD, (or as loud as my old Shadow was with Cobras), but loud enough to be noticed. I got 45k on it, (several trips to Ozarks, Dragon etc...) and sound doesn't bother me at all.

but as always YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts