Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am in the UK and bought my bike in March 22, I have a 2002 vl800 and the exhaust is mega loud. the OEM exhaust is in place but it looks as if someone has hammered a metal bar through the baffle to create a lot of noise.

My question is, can I buy some baffle wool and just push it straight down the inside of the baffle to reduce noise?

Thanks in Adavnce,

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
No. If you push anything in the cavity, it will be ejected by the exhaust pressure and look like a party favor as you're riding down the road. Your only option is to replace the exhaust with an unmolested one.

·
Administrator
57,345 Posts
There is another option......I've seen folks replace the large mufflers with units similar to Harley Sportster mufflers.
Now, I'm not sure if they do a clamp on affair or weld/braze the mufflers to the pipes......but, they look OK if installed carefully.
Personally, I prefer Suzuki Factory Stock Pipes.....nice and quiet! :cool:

Reactions: Skrapiron

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
I welded a sportser muffler onto my Savage. It was louder than stock, but still acceptable. I suppose you could do the same with the C50 if you can figure out how to fabricate a new exhaust mount on the sub frame.

·
Super Moderator
65,954 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
And yet another option. You can buy car glass packs that will fit inside and quiet down a decent amount, and definitely takes the high pitched sound out. Makes more of a tolerable deeper sound. Provided they took out the entire back plate.
Do a search for glass packs or muffler blanks, or summit racing should bring some results. I can't remember the size right off. But the idea is if the pipes are completely gutted you can buy these muffler blanks, they fit in pretty snug then use some method to keep them in. a couple self tapping screws send to be popular.

So about $40 and a little time. It does make a big difference.

Here's a link to the mufflers again research the size

Reactions: beezer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts