Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so wake up to another one of those miserable February rainy and cold wintery days...you know those days...the kind you rather just stay in bed or maybe throw on a pot of coffee, throw a bagel in the toaster and play Linus w/the blanket in the recliner and just say...sorry... but whatever I'm suppose to do today can wait till tomorrow, today, I ain't doing a f*cking thing but occupying this chair, taking up space, serving no useful purpose. Then again, that's pretty much what I've been saying and doing all winter. Oh well....some things I guess never change.

So having said that, maybe I'll just try to be somewhat more productive and find a new way to annoy the wife...

yes...life is good...and so is retirement. Have a good day all.

·
Super Moderator
23,882 Posts
I'm on vacation this week. Woke up and heard the rain. Rolled over and went back to sleep for another hour. Felt good.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after much thought, came up with finding several ways to annoy the wife...left her notes scatter about the house suggesting things she could do that would make "me" feel good...so far...either
a. she hasn't come across them
b. she can't find her glasses to read them
c. contemplating whether or not to put my golf clubs in my trunk, give me $10, tell me to go to the driving range and tell me that will make her feel good...

at this point..I'll take "C".

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Dennis, I've been golfing every other weekend when it's above 40. My course is open year round.

Shawn and I hit a heated outdoor driving range just south of Hartford two weeks ago, pretty cool.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there are a few I know of...one in New Britian and a real nice one right off rt84 in Southington...gotta have the heat on those cold days. Been playing myself a lot so far as long as the weather permits and I can find a place open which surprisingly hasn't been a problem...been out about 8 times since the new year began...played yesterday and will probably get out again Monday...we'll have to get together one day and see how many balls we can lose. Who know...might make for an interesting JB contest...

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
The one we went to was Torza's in Cromwell. Pretty nice.

Shawn and I have a recurring Tee time on Saturday mornings at 8:11 and Sunday mornings at 7:08 for a foursome April-Oct, your always welcome to join us anytime to see how many balls we can hit into the woods or the water.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice to see the dad/son quality time...miss my son...what we take for granted when they live close to home gets realized when they move to the other end of the country...hopefully be able to join you guys one Saturday.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Yeah, got hit with a 2x4 last September that I was too busy working to spend time with my son's.

Shawn's wife asked me in September if she could make an appointment for me to spend the day with Shawn on his birthday in October. Said he had been trying for months to get me to go golfing with him, but I was always too busy. All he wanted on his birthday was 5 hours of golf with his dad. Whack....that was a smack to the head with a 2x4.

Made it a point to get family on my busy schedule.

Hope you can join us some weekend.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
happens...we get lost in todays world w/all going on in the real world...more often than not we need that 2x4 reminder to realize what really matters and have to re-evaluate our priorities...some never get it and that's a shame. In the end, its all about family and those we love and care about that really matter...the rest is moot.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Dave & I, although together almost 24/7 now, have to make time for us. His mom takes up a lot of our thinking/talking time. We're going on a cruise in 2 weeks. Dave's brother is moving out of the area & won't be around to keep an eye on her. (not that he does much now)

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like a nice break for the 2 of you...enjoy your trip.Where you cruising to?

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
We're doing the Western Caribbean...Mexico, Belize, Roatan
With unlimited beverages :)

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds like a party cruise...used to work with a girl who loved Belize...said thats where she was going to retire to...better keep a leash on Dave so he doesn't fall overboard...

·
Super Moderator
56,280 Posts
Fact of the matter is if you buy the overly expensive drink package it never pays for itself. If you tried to drink that much per day to make it worth its while you will be a constant drunken mess and get removed from the boat or sleeping.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Beezer, drink pkg was free but we have to pay gratuities. Winds up being about $23 a day each; that's less than 2 drinks. I drink occasionally, but will try my best to get my money's worth :D

But Dennis, I just took out a new insurance policy on Dave....he'll be fine :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts