Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out my new bride was a huge Trans-Siberian Orchestra fan early on in our courtship. Before we even got engaged, I put a reminder on my calendar to look for TSO tickets starting in early October. I kept my ear to the ground and the day tickets went on sale I bought a pair to their Sunday, December 15, show in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I ended up going to the show alone because she got the flu and spent all night Saturday and all day Sunday laying in bed with a puke bucket at her side. She was devastated to miss it because it's the last year they are doing the Lost Christmas Eve show.

Being the loving husband I am, I got online on Monday morning and started planning a surprise (as in wake her up the morning of the show and surprise her), one-day, trip to see the show. Based on our schedule/calendar, their December 22 show in Boston was the best fit. I have plane tickets. I have tickets to the show. I even have the transit situation from the airport to TD Garden all worked out.

And then the weather forecast for this weekend comes out...

...AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Snow and freezing rain, here in southern Michigan, starting Saturday night and only getting worse on Sunday morning.

Our flight is supposed to leave at 10AM. Fat chance of that leaving on time if it leaves at all. :(

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crossing my fingers...weather updates about every 6 hours. Looks like Detroit Metro may be hovering around 32 with light rain on Sunday morning. Hoping it's on the wet side of 32 and not the ice side of 32.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
May the weather gods be with you Santa.

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
So fly in early on Saturday - come to the Wmass Xmas party, then go Sunday to the show.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So fly in early on Saturday - come to the Wmass Xmas party, then go Sunday to the show.
I'd love to, but we don't have the time available. Her work schedule is crazy and I know she has a full slate of things she wants to get done on Saturday to be ready for the following week. :)

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
I've been going to TSO for the last 5 years.

This year we were on the floor, center, 6 rows back.

I'll be in the Detroit area Jan 20-22nd

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been going to TSO for the last 5 years.

This year we were on the floor, center, 6 rows back.

Which city and time? We're center section 2 rows back on the aisle. 3:00 @ TD Garden, Boston.

And I live near Detroit and will be around on January 20-22. We should get together for dinner some night. :)

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
I'll probably be in the area at the same time!

Planning on hitting the NAIAS at Cobo Hall during the week, rather than on the busily, insane weekend!

Are you heading to the NAIAS?

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
I was in Hartford for the 3:00 show November 16

Just this past Monday I was given 4 tickets to the Providence RI show, but I couldn't go.

The company I'm going to in January is in Mt Clemens MI, haven't booked my hotel yet, but I was looking in Clinton Township.

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
10-64, I'll be with a machine manufacturer Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Bringing two of my guys out for training.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Not to steal Chads post, but I'll be visiting the show at Cobo early in the week, during the day, and probably heading back home mid afternoon.

Last year I was in Detroit by 7:00 am!

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
I didn't know the show was going on. No wonder rental car prices are so high. Can't find anything under $60 a day.

Great....

Back to TSO....Chad those are awesome seats.

I loved the stage this year.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back to TSO....Chad those are awesome seats.

I loved the stage this year.
It's the first time I'd seen TSO. The stage was pretty cool. Will be interesting to see it in a different city to compare.

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
We'll it's going to be in the 60's here Sunday....here's hoping you get out of Detroit in the AM

·
Super Moderator
28,293 Posts
I found out my new bride was a huge Trans-Siberian Orchestra fan early on in our courtship. Before we even got engaged...
And you married her anyway!

:biglaugh:

Sorry brother, sometimes Murphy find any way he can to mess up your plans, but I'm sure your wife appreciates you anyway. We've all been there before!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts