Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching a special on the man and he was talking about his jump at Ceasars Palace over the fountains. He said he ended up with many broken bones after not making the landing........he emphasized "The helmet saved my life"...

I wonder what makes some bikers think they don't need one or just refuses to wear one.

Wear the helmet and ride safe.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
well...tell ya what...next time i plan to jump over a 90'+ fountain and make a landing on a ramp about 15' wide, i'll be sure i have my helmet on. k? 8)

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
Personal choice, I don't think that they think they are invincible, but that the risk is worth the feeling of complete freedom they feel when riding without a helmet.
Of course that is just my opinion and not worth 2 cents :roll:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
emar1000 said:
Wear the helmet (If you choose to as an adult, but make sure your kids who are too young to choose ALWAYS wear one) and ride safe.
Now THAT'S a statement I can agree with.. ;) Just busting stones, but as a member of ABATE I believe in your right to choose.. Just never want it mandated, except for those under 18 (or at least 16).. IMO

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I may have been misleading here. I allways wear my helmet. But i dont feel people should be forced by law to wear one, niether should we be forced to wear seat belts.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I live in a state wear helmets are not mandatory and I agree 100% with anyone who does'nt want to wear a helmet. 20 years ago I did'nt wear a helmet either. What really buggs the doo doo out of me is when people say "It's my life". Well what about the poor teen age kid who just killed your sorry non-helmet butt what do ya think that kids gotta live with thinkin about the rest of thier life. Lets' say you don't get lucky and die...you end up paralyzed at the age of 30...for the rest of your life who's gonna pay for you med care...Taxpayers that's who. So before you say something stupid like "It's my life" put a just a little thought into all the people involved your life not just yourself.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
wehrd1 said:
well...tell ya what...next time i plan to jump over a 90'+ fountain and make a landing on a ramp about 15' wide, i'll be sure i have my helmet on. k? 8)
+1 million

Didn't we have this conversation not to long ago about wearing a helmet?

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
USA_Mike said:
What really buggs the doo doo out of me is when people say "It's my life". Well what about the poor teen age kid who just killed your sorry non-helmet butt what do ya think that kids gotta live with thinkin about the rest of thier life. quote]

seriously?
are you that.............
if the kid hit you ...........

ya know what, im hitting the back button now before your ignorance has me say somethin I will regret

·
Registered
491 Posts
Umple Z said:
emar1000 said:
Wear the helmet (If you choose to as an adult, but make sure your kids who are too young to choose ALWAYS wear one) and ride safe.
Now THAT'S a statement I can agree with.. ;) Just busting stones, but as a member of ABATE I believe in your right to choose.. Just never want it mandated, except for those under 18 (or at least 16).. IMO
That's what we've got here in Utah. Under 18 mandatory and I agree 100%. Over 18, optional. Also, I agree 100%. I choose to wear one when ever I ride, but that's my business. Not the government's.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
USA_Mike said:
Lets' say you don't get lucky and die...you end up paralyzed at the age of 30...for the rest of your life who's gonna pay for you med care...Taxpayers that's who. .
really? can you explain why that is?

I thought my insurance would and then my family

but hey what do I know

you seem to be the expert

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
USA_Mike said:
Lets' say you don't get lucky and die...you end up paralyzed at the age of 30...for the rest of your life who's gonna pay for you med care...Taxpayers that's who. .

but hey what do I know

Round 1

Ding Ding :twisted:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
:flame: :flame:

To quote one of the fantasic 4 "FLAME ON!"

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
USA_Mike said:

but hey what do I know

How much insurance do you have...100k ...500k. How much money does it take to support a disabled person for 1 year. (cricket) (cricket). My daughter was in the hospital for 16 days before she died (non'MC reated)...86 THOUSAND...16 days. I don't want to tell anyone anything other than it doesn't affect just you. The drunk made a dumb decision to drive....put enough bad decisions together...good idea or bad idea...your choice. Just be careful. I really appreciate the freedom in our country (note the name).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Boxwrench said:
:flame: :flame:

To quote one of the fantasic 4 "FLAME ON!"
Or another member "It's cloberin time" :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The Volusianator said:
I wish I wore mine more often than I do, I don't mind wearing it, but I love it without. Props to Coilguy as I've NEVER seen him ride without one.

Ditto. I do and I don't wear a helmet and I know I should. But its my choice and I like it that way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts