Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to look at the 2014 or 15 ultra limiteds with a twinkle in my eye. My Domestic Supervisor has finally given up working weekends , and enjoys riding along. The back seat would be a big improvement, along with the wind management and other goodies. I guess I'm showing my age, but I am still crazy about this rock solid evo motor . We'll have to test ride first,and see what we think. I'm hoping to extend the riding season and length of trips. There may not be many good years left ,lets ride!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hope you are enjoying retirement, we have to ride sometime. Have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post any new info, but I'm under the spell of Sweet Lu and Beezer, so I guess we know where this thing is headed.

·
Registered
19,530 Posts
The RK is a true classic motorcycle. The limited is a barcolounger on wheels. The difference between your 99 and a 15 is astonishing. That's 16 years of continual improvements to the engine, transmission, suspension and such. If my domestic supervisor gave me the green light, I wouldn't even hesitate, they are that much better.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part of me wants to keep riding the RK just to see how long it will go, I know those evo's are bulletproof, and it fits me so well I don't know how it can get better. That being said, I'm sure the limited will top it. Keeping 2 may be an option, but I'm trying to downsize ( yea right , We own a 49 chevy coupe, 50 gmc pickup, and 5 other newer cars and trucks,all drivers). I may have an addiction to rolling stock.

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
98 to 14 improvements....

- Twin Cam motor (82cc to 103cc)
- 14 and up Limiteds have liquid cool motors
- Fuel Injection
- Improved stiffer frame in 09
- larger 6 gallon tank
- 6 speed tranny
- Rushmore improvements in 14
- integrated fairing venting to eliminate buffeting
- ABS
- Linked Brakes
- GPS infotainment system with bluetooth connectivity

Should I go on....basically it’s more than a night and day difference...I’ll be right over to take that 50 GMC off your hands for my consulting fee :p

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already have FI with 50mpg, and the GMC is a Keeper! Now, if I only figure out how to post pics, life will be better. got the url , but doesn't convert to pic

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
I already have FI with 50mpg, and the GMC is a Keeper! Now, if I only figure out how to post pics, life will be better. got the url , but doesn't convert to pic
Whoa buddy...what did we get!!!

to post pics or an URL just use the icons above

place url here

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
striking out

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
easier to put pics on FB . May even be less painful to get a root canal than post pics here. I'm done with that

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pics will be on FB from now on. sorry Beez. Look up Ed Rasich, I might even friend you. Again , sorry Beez

1 - 20 of 56 Posts