Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,262 Posts
Dear diary,

It's been 8 days of containment and I'm bored. Think I'll go dig up an old oil thread and have some fun.

·
Super Moderator
57,615 Posts
Bananas are endangered. The banana bug has taken over very large areas of plantations and the bananas can't be planted on that land anymore once it's been infested. There is a banana fungus as well which makes it's future look bleak. Bananas as we know them need people to keep them growing since it's a hybrid. They used to have seeds which made them very hard to eat. The Cavendish is the banana we enjoy today.
Banana oil is not suitable for motorcycles.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have read that dollar general oil has a disclaimer that it is only to be used on cars pre 1935 ,
I have never had my classes to read the label for DG oil nor would I even think of putting it into my bike .......I draw the line at walmart brand oil I have driven well over 1 million miles on walmart oil

·
Registered
103 Posts
Isn't it amazing how motorcycles existed-and ran perfectly fine- for well over 100 years before marketing executives invented "motorcycle oil"?

That's before most of them had wet clutches, and before automobile oil had all sorts of slick-um, wet-clutch-destroying additives put in them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In the UK 10w40 is generally recommended for ambient temps of 5-30C. For whatever state you are in just google which viscosity is best for you.
With regards to changing oil, I'd say every 2-3000 miles for dino/semi synthetic or every 2-5000 for full synthetic oil or if you cover neither of those mile limits a year, just change oil annually right BEFORE putting bike into storage.

Change filter with each oil change too, after all you wouldn't take a shower then put the same used underwear on afterwards.
Why not...."Brown side out"...inside out is clean:ROFLMAO:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts