Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it got a little colder my bike was hard to start until it had time to warm up. On advice I got a dynojet kit, K&N filter, and debaffled; it still happens any ideas?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I'm a little confused. You said the bike was hard to start until it warmed up. how did it warm up if it didn't start? Or do you mean the temperature needed to warm up before you could get it started?
If it's like mine, it starts ok, but takes forever to run without just a bit of choke if the temp is below 40. (I know, a rejet should fix that...).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A missing engine is a serious problem. I don't think my bike would move at all without its engine. If it is missing because it is cold, then you might try looking at the nearest Holiday Express, under a warm blanket.

Oh, not that kind of missing? Sorry.

My bike wouldn't start -- wouldn't even run in cold weather without the choke out. That was before I rejetted. Now, it starts and runs fine in normal weather without any choke at all, but still wants some choke to start when things get chilly. This is normal for a carbureted engine. Keep the choke out for about two to three minutes and then push it back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts