Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having hard time tightening the front screw of this cover.
The other 3 screws go in just fine, but with this one you don't have much control in finding the whole. I simply can't screw it in! Tried for almost 1 hour on last night. It's still completely loose, although it won't come out.
Any ideas how to tighten it up? Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's the fake screw - just for the look... :) Only three bolts hold the chrome engine cover... now I know, but on the day I got the bike, my blood pressure went a bit high because of the same bolt :) :) take the cover off again and look at it....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomek said:
It's the fake screw - just for the look... :) Only three bolts hold the chrome engine cover... now I know, but on the day I got the bike, my blood pressure went a bit high because of the same bolt :) :) take the cover off again and look at it....
Dang! I should have figure that out :D ... hehehehe, lol. It's just I found it so loose, and my impression was the cover wasn't too tight with just the other 3 bolts. Ok, thanks!

·
Administrator
53,910 Posts
8)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
It's a dummy bolt, doesn't do anything but look pretty.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
How many people has that screw gotten????????? I'm one.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You need a special tool to tighten that one screw.

I custom make these and they are available for $129.95, but am offering a 10% discount to list members...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
cactusjack said:
It's a dummy bolt, doesn't do anything but look pretty.
Actually it serves as a good spare if you strip out the head of one of the other three....don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
534 Posts
rcsiki said:
I'm having hard time tightening the front screw of this cover.
The other 3 screws go in just fine, but with this one you don't have much control in finding the whole. I simply can't screw it in! Tried for almost 1 hour on last night. It's still completely loose, although it won't come out.
Any ideas how to tighten it up? Thanks!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I should have told you it has left-handed threads. :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts