Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember this line from "The Outlaw Jose Wales"? Well, after watching E-Bay for a long time I finally got another addition to the Bates luggage. A NOS set of chrome bag protector rails. Hard to find and usually pricey but I got a pretty good deal ($92 + shipping from Oregon). I'll post pics when I get them installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
Yup. I use that line sometimes but nobody ever gets it. Guess Josey Wales was before their time.
Good movie.
And good deal on the rails!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
53,914 Posts
Chahta said:
"The white man has been sneakin' up on us Indians for a long time"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
My favorite line went something like:

"Wales...He's an easy man to track. He leaves dead men everywhere he goes."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
DocGibby said:
My favorite line went something like:

"Wales...He's an easy man to track. He leaves dead men everywhere he goes."

That was cool. How about when he asks the guy why he became a bounty hunter.
BOUNTY HUNTER: "A mans gotta make a living"
WALES: "Dieing aint much of a living".

This thread has made me decide to buy a Josey Wales DVD for my westerns collection. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
Chahta said:
Psyc0 said:
Chahta said:
"The white man has been sneakin' up on us Indians for a long time"
Yep, He he got the drop on the old man but, the old man was a Tsa-La-Gi (Cherokee). He wouldn't have been able to do that if the old man had been a Chahta! (Choctaw) :lol:
Hey Chahta...I bet if the old man had a nice lookin' scooter like yours Wales wouldn't have caught up and got the drop on him!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,754 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
Chahta said:
Psyc0 said:
Chahta said:
"The white man has been sneakin' up on us Indians for a long time"
Yep, He he got the drop on the old man but, the old man was a Tsa-La-Gi (Cherokee). He wouldn't have been able to do that if the old man had been a Chahta! (Choctaw) :lol:
Hey Chahta...I bet if the old man had a nice lookin' scooter like yours Wales wouldn't have caught up and got the drop on him!
Yeh, but it would have been an "Indian" Motorcycle! :shock: :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
DocGibby said:
My favorite line went something like:

"Wales...He's an easy man to track. He leaves dead men everywhere he goes."

That was cool. How about when he asks the guy why he became a bounty hunter.
BOUNTY HUNTER: "A mans gotta make a living"
WALES: "Dieing aint much of a living".

This thread has made me decide to buy a Josey Wales DVD for my westerns collection. :wink:
Many classic lines in this movie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
[quote="Chahta] Yep, He he got the drop on the old man but, the old man was a Tsa-La-Gi (Cherokee). He wouldn't have been able to do that if the old man had been a Chahta! (Choctaw) :lol:[/quote]

Well the old man did say he was civilized, means it's easy to sneak up on him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
Chahta said:
Windburn Bill said:
Chahta said:
Psyc0 said:
Chahta said:
"The white man has been sneakin' up on us Indians for a long time"
Yep, He he got the drop on the old man but, the old man was a Tsa-La-Gi (Cherokee). He wouldn't have been able to do that if the old man had been a Chahta! (Choctaw) :lol:
Hey Chahta...I bet if the old man had a nice lookin' scooter like yours Wales wouldn't have caught up and got the drop on him!
Yeh, but it would have been an "Indian" Motorcycle! :shock: :roll:

:biglaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I tried to put the rails on my bags tonight and they don't fit. Obviously for a different Bates bag than the ones I have. Looks like they are for the thin bags (older ones I believe-rail part number is 1149). Mine are about 8 3/4 wide and it looks like these rails fit something in the 6-6 1/2" range. I'll have to see if someone here needs/wants some.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,465 Posts
Well post some pictures of those rails for us so we can start bidding. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
who'd a thought Josey Wales lines on a Volusia Site.
There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
413 Posts
DocGibby said:
My favorite line went something like:

"Wales...He's an easy man to track. He leaves dead men everywhere he goes."
The Outlaw Josey Wales is the best western EVER!!!

JOSEY: Whenever I get to liking someone they ain't around for very long.

CHEIF: I noticed whenever you get to disliking someone they ain't around for very long niether.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Studly said:
Well post some pictures of those rails for us so we can start bidding. :lol:
I'll see if I can get the wifes camera to work (not my specialty).
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top