Reactions: RellaLou

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
286 Posts
You take your jacket and full face helmet off 'cause the chin guard will get in the way, and the jacket will restrict your motion. The grunt factor in lifting this up in the approved fashion; using the downside handlebar as a lever, and the front wheel as the fulcrum would be aggravated by the helmet strap as well. Believe it when I tell you that using this method even a weakling can set a very large motorcycle upright safely.

Reactions: steveg

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont understand why he is playing with his helmet and not picking it up...
Propably too busy cussing about how he f-ed up his $25,000+ motorcycle.

Best guess he stopped in the rain gutter and his feet didn't reach the ground with the 33" seat height. The sucky part of being short and riding a sport tourer. I've had a few close calls but have still kept the FJR upright. Now that I've jinxed myself, look for me on Google Maps. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I found this on Utube:

I'll have to give it a try.

Meanwhile, I wonder if that guy can have his face "blurred"! :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I just wrecked my knee and tore a ligament.. after 4 weeks - still sore and weak.. I am a tad worried if I ever tip over my ST1300- Not a lightweight like my M50 was- that was an easy lift... Yikes - The ST is a hefty beast

·
Registered
21,667 Posts
Local harley store teaches that lifting technique in there women's beginners class.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am surprised Google earth doesn't catch far more weird scenes like that...I mean you know they happen all the time...people tripping, broke down fixing a flat, being flipped off by other drivers, you know everyday stuff.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Best guess he stopped in the rain gutter and his feet didn't reach the ground with the 33" seat height.
Good call on the rain gutter. Didn't see that at first, but yeh, between the truck, google car and rain gutter, I could see him trying to put a foot down on the rain gutter.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I just wrecked my knee and tore a ligament.. after 4 weeks - still sore and weak.. I am a tad worried if I ever tip over my ST1300- Not a lightweight like my M50 was- that was an easy lift... Yikes - The ST is a hefty beast
At 4 weeks post injury, and considering the extent of a torn ligament, I would suggest that you call a friend (or two) to come and lift it for you! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I KNEW there had to be some stuff like that - I don't care how many minimum wage people are supposed to police that content, some things MUST slip through.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts