Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get one for 08 C-50? I am going to be installing leds under tank and some in rear reflector and this would come in handy.
Ice :?

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
mightydog said:
not up to '08 of course, but this might work: (from clymer's)

left side page

right side page

edit: actually, probably all you really wanted was the color coding of the wires you want to tap, and you can find that in a search, or i dug this one up for you (check the last post):
http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=7829
mightydog...Might I suggest you PM the moderator and ask to have these schematics posted as a sticky in the "Help' forum. It sure would be a benifit to a lot of VR.com members.

If anyone has '01-'04 Volusia scematics, that would be a good sticky too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Icemanchp3 said:
Anyone know where I can get one for 08 C-50? I am going to be installing leds under tank and some in rear reflector and this would come in handy.
Ice :?
You should not need electrical specs. Wire the LEDs into a fused switch on the right back side cover like I did and put it straight to the battery. That way you keep the lights off of the other electrical fuses. Very simple to do.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
...Might I suggest you PM the moderator and ask to have these schematics posted as a sticky in the "Help' forum. It sure would be a benifit to a lot of VR.com members.
i did post the suggestion in the thread where mcw was asking for tech articles to be submitted. hopefully someone will place it appropriately. ;)

edit: wait a minute. no i didn't. i got my electrical threads mixed up. :? someone will probably see this though. maybe.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guess I didnt explain I wanted schematis to see how to wire Led into the rear fender refletor so it works with brake light and to see if I could tap into brake with a quick connect :oops:

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Icemanchp3 said:
Sorry guess I didnt explain I wanted schematis to see how to wire Led into the rear fender refletor so it works with brake light and to see if I could tap into brake with a quick connect :oops:
this is from the post i mentioned earlier...
-Grey is for tail / running light
- White / black trace is for brake light
- Solid Black is Left Turn flash
- Solid Green is Right Turn flash
- Black / white trace is ground wire

so, the answer is definitely yes. those should be the wires you see underneath/behind the taillight assembly. the wires going to it have short leads, so the easiest thing i found to do once you get it loose from the fender is just to flip it over so you can work with the wires. i used posi-locks to tap into the wires. so if you're just wanting your new led to work as a brake light, just tap the brake and ground wires and you're good to go.

there's a bunch more good info related to what you're doing in that other post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts