Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered new saddlebags last weekend from Honda East Toledo's eBay store, advertised as "New In Box." They arrived last Wednesday, while I was at work. I asked the hubby to check them -- they're for his bike anyway -- and let me know if they're okay. He says they're fine, so I leave positive feedback. "Fast shipping, item exactly as described," the usual.

It turns out hubby didn't take them all the way out of the box when he "checked" them. :roll: On Saturday I'm getting ready to install the EZ brackets and put the bags on his bike. I take out the right bag -- it's fine. I take out the left bag -- it's torn to hell, dirty, has bug guts on it, and clear marks where it had rested on a saddlebag bracket.

Saturday evening I email Honda East Toledo, explain that the hubby didn't check the bags thoroughly, the left bag is in bad shape, I realize I already left the feedback and said they were fine. (Hey, they could be assholes about it and accuse us of wrecking the bag.) But is there any chance of an exchange?

No response on Monday. It could be that the guy who deals with it is off, or they're closed on Mondays -- some perfectly good reason. But hubby needs saddlebags ASAP, so I ordered another set of bags from Xtreme.

This morning (Tuesday) I get this from Eric Mack, Internet Parts Sales:

I will schedule a UPS pick up of the 1 damaged bag to have it returned here and will get another in processing for you. I am sorry for this happening and assure you this isn't a normal thing. Please just re-box the damaged bag and have it available for pick up. The pick-up is usually within 48hrs (Mon.-Fri. only) and they will make up to three attempts, in case it's not ready on the first attempt. I will get you the replacement as quickly as possible. Thanks!!

I call, explain that I already ordered a new set of bags from another vendor. He says, "In that case, go ahead and send both bags back, and I'll issue a refund." More apologies -- he sounded genuinely mortified.

Anyway. It's one thing when a sale goes right -- you pay, you get what you expected, that's the end of it. But at some point something's bound to go wrong, and I want to know how a vendor handles that.

Not bad. :)

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
mebbe someone in his shop got a "free" replacment bag he don't know about and the "stashed" box got mailed by accident?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boxwrench said:
mebbe someone in his shop got a "free" replacment bag he don't know about and the "stashed" box got mailed by accident?
Yeah, something was a little out of whack there. :lol:

But hey, I'm glad he didn't accuse us of wrecking the bag, say "You said they were fine three days ago -- now they're not?" and refuse to work with us.

It's not a huge deal. The guy's not exactly moving heaven and earth for me -- but good customer service doesn't always require that.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Their parts guys are awesome, but I don't care for their vehicle salesmen.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about Honda East. I know a guy who goes there religiously.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
ive purchased from their ebay auctions as well.. .they had some sweet MX pants that were on closeout.... $80 pants for 24.99 plus shipping! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts