Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm in the market for a light bar, and i'm trying to find used, if i can. But while looking on ebay i see these light bars for $120ish but they're all from Hong Kong or China.

Has anyone ever used these lightbars? What is your impression on them? Would you recommence them to anyone else?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Had one and sent it back. Says it will fit C50 but the mount is to be bolted to bottom of triple tree clamp and our holes are on the front of the clamp.

Wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had one and sent it back. Says it will fit C50 but the mount is to be bolted to bottom of triple tree clamp and our holes are on the front of the clamp.

Wouldn't fit.
other than not fitting, how was the quality of the light bar? All Metal? sturdy?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
It wasn't bad. The one I ordered came with driving lights and turn signals.

Driving lights were plastics, signals not too bad. Actually I was disappointed that it did not fit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
The one I got was exactly like the one in your first link. Those mount holes are for holes in the bottom of the triple tree and ours don't have any that line up.

That second one is for a Suzuki OEM light bar. They were spendy. That one includes the windshield mount, but yeah it does look a little rough.

Some where around here is a link for "worlds cheapest lightbar". You can make your own with some threaded rod. I'll look for the link.

http://www.dets.com/rusks/Worlds%20Cheapest%20Lightbar.pdf

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the mounting system for the c50 the same as the volusia? Because that would be an instant no on the china lightbar.

The other one i linked, does the windshield mounts come off? Because that gets rid of a good portion of the ugliness, and i could get new visors for it, without too much concern.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
C50/Volusia, I'm sure they mount the same.

The OEM light bar, yes that windshield mount is not part of the light bar, can be removed, or could be powdercoated if you ever considered an OEM windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts