Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 c50 boulevard and it is fitted with cobra pipes. I am thinking of fitting a power commander with k&n filter and dyno tuned. Has anybody done this and if so do you think it was worth doing.

·
Administrator
52,327 Posts
Lot's of members here have added those performance oriented accessories, plus had their machines dyno-tuned.
If I'm not mistaken, those mods add about 4 to 7 ponies, when accurately administered.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
I re did exhaust, intake, ignition wiring and fuel mix... then dyno'ed.

I added 6 horsepower from the stock bike, but that is not why I did it. Afterwards the bike had a very crisp throttle response and that resulted in better handling for me.

·
Registered
19,518 Posts
4-6 hp is all you're going to see, even with the dyno tune. It is a lot of money to spend for not a whole lot of gain.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Yeah, if you want to go fast you have to buy a Ducati. :wayhappy:

But if your like a lot of people and just don't like the thought of a stock bike, go for it.

Your bike will run better. Your fuel milage will suffer, but you'll get over that.

You could port and polish the heads, that would make it really really fast,.....or not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
For that money, skip the Power Commander and get yourself a Cobra FI2000 Power Pro Fuel management module.
It monitors the Air Fuel mixture 80 times per second and self adjusts accordingly.
It works with or without an 02 sensor, and will adjust itself to any pipes, or air intake setup you have.
It costs around $500 but it's self programming and doesn't have to be updated every time you make a change.
I have one and love it.
I started out with a drilled out stock airbox and drilled out stock pipes.
Then I upgraded to a Barron's Big air kit.
Now I'm getting ready to put on Cobra Street Slashdowns, and for every upgrade this thing self adjusts.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think someone did the math not too long ago. Dyno tuning may gain you a Hp or 2, but it costs a lot....I think it was around $75 per pony gained.

And for a not-so-powerfull bike to start with, I think it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for every bodys input. Has been very helpful in making a decision.
I think i will do it. Will let you know result. GOOD OR BAD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dyno power commander is very good but unless you really know what you are doing, you might want to go with a dobeck or wiseco,, they are simpler and will probable do everything you want. you can go with G-man bully but its really overpriced and made by dobeck anyway, and all do the samething

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for every bodys input. Has been very helpful in making a decision.
I think i will do it. Will let you know result. GOOD OR BAD.
Awesome man, some people like to tune bikes and some don't. To me the potential is sitting right there, waiting for me to pull it out of the bike. I just opened up my Honest Abe mod a good bit and my bike suddenly loves the highway. Before it hated running 75mph, now it breathes really nice there.

I could see me doing a debaffle, drilling the stock airbox and adding a programmer now. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Wiseco FMC110? That looks like a better alternative than the FI2000 at about the same price.

I know its made by the same company as the Bully, but was wondering how many people had actually tried it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts