Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a new tire with a IRC tube with The rt4 straight stem. I am trying to use the Ceramic balance beads in this tube.
The Dynabeads will not go into the tube. The stem doesn't seem to be open. I stuck a nail into the stem and it hits something solid. Anyone else ever had this problem.I tried using air to blow them. They just want go in. Help please.:bigoops:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have installed a new tire with a IRC tube with The rt4 straight stem. I am trying to use the Ceramic balance beads in this tube.
The Dynabeads will not go into the tube. The stem doesn't seem to be open. I stuck a nail into the stem and it hits something solid. Anyone else ever had this problem.I tried using air to blow them. They just want go in. Help please.:bigoops:
If you removed the valve from the stem there is no reason for the beads to not go in unless the tube is twisted.

Did you inflate the tire to full pressure, let the air out, remove the valve and use the clear tube that comes with the Dybabeads to install the beads? I have been using Dynabeads for 6 or 7 years and have had no problem installing them. Don't be in a hurry. Nice and slow to let the beads line up to enter the stem.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich that was what I thought. I did the air in and out thing. I tried blowing them in and they want go in. When I poke a nail down inside the stem I hit something hard and metallic sounding. It doesn't make any sense.
I contacted Motorcycle Superstore. All they said was beads were not recommended for tubes. I know thats not true.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stem for some reason has a very small outlet at the bottom. I finally got them in. Could only put a very few beads at a time and keep air going off and on until they slowly fall in. it took my about an hour to get them in. Want buy another IRC tube. Thanks again Rich.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.