Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
29,780 Posts
I don't know how you could make a retractable inner visor but schuberth makes a great helmet with a flip down, retractable sun shield.

Hoo Bingo, Get out the wallet though. A deluxe Schuberth flip face (and dual visor) super helmet can run you up to $600.

I've gone to wearing WIley X goggles with interchangeable lenses. I got them and an Arai helmet for that kind of dough.

·
Administrator
29,780 Posts
Ohhh, better yet, it is an internal sun visor. Wow!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Both HJC and Scorpion make full face and half helmets like this. I think the idea rocks. They both provide a way to switch out the retractable visors for different shades. This isn't the only factor to look for in a helmet though. Check the quality and location of the vents and if possible, your line of sight while riding. Most shops provide a reasonable exchange period on helmets provided you don't abuse it and return it with the tags, box, and of course the receipt. I tried on the Scorpion EXO 100 yesterday and will probably make that my next helmet.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
I think my helmet when I was in the Air Force had two retractable visors. Also built-in headset. You think they are DOT legal?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Nolan makes a nice one for aroun $180. It has the dual clear shield with a sun visor. Also has covers and such to install helmet to helmet communication system. And DOT approved

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
we just bought scorpion exo100. retractable shield and removable sun visor. shields are replaceable with several colors. shield is really effective, no wind in my eyes even without glasses or goggles. cost about $110.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have both full face and the shorty by Scorpion, I love them! I have to ride into the sun every morning in Phoenix and along with my sunglasses, I can see perfectly without squinting.

The full face is awesome here too, you can flip up the main visor for air and still have eye protection, means I don't have to stuff my sunglasses inside my full face.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I use the scorpion snowmobile shield with the dual shields, and it's great. For street use, I got a pair of prescription sunglasses.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, I've also got the Scorpion with the inner retractable sun shield. It's easy to flip up and down while riding so you can flip it if you need a little shielding while not wearing shades, or I use it sometimes in addition to my shades to cut the extra bright morning glare.

Speaking of non-us helmets... One that I really wanted to try was this Schuberth. Not offered in the States and REAL expensive to get from overseas.

http://www.designerhelmets.com/prod...prod=J1+Open+Face&cat=Schuberth&info=3&sale=0

·
Registered
55 Posts
HJC

I just purchased a HJC helmet with the retractable inner shield and love it!!! I purchased mine on ebay for $170 with shipping. I would not trade it for anything. Let me know if you are interested and I can forward the company I bought it from.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have the nolan n-42 the top is a dark sun visor while the full face clear is great . this work great because i wear glasses and the full face fits niclely over the glasses

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the Nolan N-102 with the dual visor system. I added two layers of window tint that applies without adhesive (found it at Walmart) to the outside of the tinted visor. I do not look through the visor, even without the additional tinting. I thought it introduced too much distortion. I use the tinted visor like a sunvisor in a car and wear clip-on sunglasses over my glasses under the helmet. This has worked very well for me, even when riding directly into the sun. The only downside of the external visor is some rattling at speed and it the intermediate detents no longer hold. I need to figure out some way to fix this.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:scoot: I also have the Nolan N102, Great helmet, I like the second sun visor. It is a little pricey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts