Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,073 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to break your discs.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You'd probably have to do some serious modifications to make that work. The brake cylinder is only designed to drive one caliper, so adding a second would require a bigger cylinder. You'd also need an extra line.

The only way I could imagine doing it is stealing the entire braking system off of a bike that already had dual discs. Not sure, but if the C90 has dual discs, that might work.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
No. There is no way to put dual front brakes on the VL800. C90/LS1500 forks will not fit or work on the VL800

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Super Moderator
26,073 Posts
This guy knows his sheet.

·
Super Moderator
58,741 Posts
I think Slimbone removed his front brake when he chopped his bike.

Social distancing since 1954

·
Super Moderator
58,741 Posts
That's correct only 1drum brake

Social distancing since 1954

·
Super Moderator
26,073 Posts
That's a pretty accurate description of the boulevard brakes. That rear drum only had two positions, off, and full lock.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's a pretty accurate description of the boulevard brakes. That rear drum only had two positions, off, and full lock.
Full lock is fun. Especially when your buddy is in front with linked dual disc front and single disc rear when a deer steps into the road. Almost made a Volusia/VTX hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
26,073 Posts
That's one reason I think the C50 is an awesome beginner bike. Scared the crap out of me the first time it locked up. Happened so often that by the time I sold the bike I was doing it just for grins.

·
Super Moderator
58,741 Posts
I stand corrected. Slimbone did have a front brake.
059.JPG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts