Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this driver backrest a few years ago from a guy on eBay who made them. It really improves comfort of the stock seat! The bracket attaches in minutes using existing stock hardware. The backrest is easily removed if desired without tools, just slip it out of the bracket. Matches the stock studded seats perfectly! It is pictured on the bike in the photo below. I put Mustang seats on my 2005 C50T, so no longer need it. $40 plus freight. Note: One stud on upper right side is missing, but no one notices.

Update: One of the original pics does not do this item justice. It showed a deformation in the backrest cushion. Actually it was very cold in the garage that day, the deformation was from something sitting on top of the backrest in the box. Once I brought it inside to warm up, the deformation disappeared. See new pic. This is in great shape, except for the one missing stud.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
It's a Grasshopper Backrest. They work quite well.

http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/suzuki/
I’m gonna add my thumbs up on the Grasshopper Ltd company. I got one as a present for Christmas. Went to install it this past weekend. Guess what? It was the wrong backrest. It was made to go with a passenger seat and I ride solo. Dropped an email to the customer service box on their website. I GOT A RESPONSE IN LESS THAN A HOUR! (Who monitors their email on Sundays?...only people who care about what they do and their customers). Sent an immediate return email with pictures and she said no problem, they’d sent the correct back. I sent the old seat back to them today with tracking and she said she’d send one right out. Now that’s AWESOME service and they have a customer for life!

FYI: Lonnie, from Grasshopper, was an original member of the VR forum and still has an ‘03 Volusia.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this driver backrest a few years ago from a guy on eBay who made them. It really improves comfort of the stock seat! The bracket attaches in minutes using existing stock hardware. The backrest is easily removed if desired without tools, just slip it out of the bracket. Matches the stock studded seats perfectly! It is pictured on the bike in the photo below. I put Mustang seats on my 2005 C50T, so no longer need it. $40 plus freight. Note: One stud on upper right side is missing, but no one notices.

Update: One of the original pics does not do this item justice. It showed a deformation in the backrest cushion. Actually it was very cold in the garage that day, the deformation was from something sitting on top of the backrest in the box. Once I brought it inside to warm up, the deformation disappeared. See new pic. This is in great shape, except for the one missing stud.
Still have it! PM me if you like.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey, sold my red 05 C50LTD back in 2015, bought a Voyager XII, just sold that and picked up an 07 C50T with very low miles, need to add a few things so I am back to Volusiariders, I liked the old website better though!

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
Hey, sold my red 05 C50LTD back in 2015, bought a Voyager XII, just sold that and picked up an 07 C50T with very low miles, need to add a few things so I am back to Volusiariders, I liked the old website better though!
Well, welcome back, both to a C50 and to the Forum! (We preferred the old website, too, but change is life.)

Hey, if you're interested, we still do the Yankee Rally every July. It's in Lake George this year. Check out "schedule a ride", and you'll find the thread pinned to the top, with all the details.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll split the shipping with you, your cost $3.80. See PM for paypal info. The backrest is packed and ready to go awaiting an address.
Pete

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll split the shipping with you, your cost $3.80. See PM for paypal info.
Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts