Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Mustang seat and the fella that is interested in it is curious if the OEM Suzuki driver backrest he has now will still work with my 2 piece fat studded Mustang seat? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I didn't know that there was an OEM drivers backrest but........if the drivers backrest bolts to the fender via the bag mounts I don't think there would be a issue.
However, there is only one back rest that I know that works with the mustang other than the one that comes with it is the one made by Grasshopper via either the site or ebay.
The passenger OEM backrest works fine as it doesn't interfere with the seats at all.
I have had all four seats that mount to the C50. Stock, OEM Gel, Mustang without backrest and now Mustang with the backrest.

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure about that statement (OEM Driver backrest) I just know the cat has a seat on his bike now that is similar to the OEM and it has a driver backrest and he was wondering if it would work along with my Mustang. Since the Mustang uses a different mounting bracket that has the passenger seat post incorporated into it I thought it might be a issue.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said..... the fella asked if his OEM driver backrest would fit with the Mustang seat. I know absolutely nothing about this and that was the driving force behind this post. If there is no OEM driver backrest in existence then it must be a aftermarket driver backrest and that would change my question to; Does anyone know if ANY driver's backrest would be interchangeable with different manufacturer's seats? I kind of figured this would be a good venue to pose this question because there are a lot of seasoned Suzuki c50 owners here and I have read many posts about folks owning several different types and brands of motorcycle seats.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Grasshopper backrest will work with the mustang and OEM seat. I'm guessing that is what he has. 2 different backrest made by Grasshopper.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If he has the bolt on one from Grasshopper he would need the different bracket for the mustang seat. The mustang seat connects differently than the stock seat. Grasshopper makes both brackets. I have used both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.