Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
It seems to be a crap shoot, but lubing them well does seem to help it last longer.
It certainly makes it more comfortable:p Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
:oops: Didn't mean to offend you. Just kidding around. If your asking what I think your asking. Are the driveshafts on these bikes dependable? I'd say yes. Of the problems discussed on this site, faulty drive shaft doesn't come up very often.

Why did I bother....I'm gone !

·
Registered
758 Posts
I put over 40,000 kilometres on my Volusia and just over 11,000 kilometres on my Boulevard C50. I lubricate the splines every 2 years and haven’t had an issue to date. I’ve had my Boulevard for 2 seasons now and had my Volusia for 7 seasons before that.
I also do an end of season final drive gear lube change as well. Yes it’s over kill but the final drive gear lube comes in a 1 quart bottle and the final drive holds just over 200 CC’s (if I’m remembering correctly) so I get 4 years worth of changes out of the bottle.

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Like everything else, it is a crap shoot. Some get really good build quality and their bikes last a long time. Others get something that was slapped together just before quitting time on a holiday weekend.

Whichever is the case, remember that this a bike built to meet a price point.

Reactions: NateDog 62
1 - 15 of 15 Posts